Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I think this episodem ore than any other proved ding and dong don't know what they are doing or conisder a storyline. Look at dorne they had myrcella killed on a lannister boar with trystane on board what a stupid pointless storyline that wasted everybody's time it was purely awful writing avting. Stannis again though I don't think he is dead but the whole execution is so purely done that it is a pointless scene. Even FTW is ruined because there is no context why did alliser let them past the wall the prevoius episode. Why did they decide to act now why not before he left, the lack of any smoking gun renders the sene illogical. The only good portions are cersei and arya because those are for the most part direct adaptations. D&D don't know what they are doing but what can I expect from the writer of troy and XOW

Well, all I'll say is that, if he is, it's the stupidest fucking thing in the entire book series and show.

Every other death had some point. Either the character impacted a lot of things or their death did. Jon's ENTIRE book arc would have been pointless. 100% pointless. So, if that's the case, I lose a lot of respect for GRRM. Why have us spend all that time with a character for no reason whatsoever?

• Like 1

http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/kit-harington-couldnt-wait-for-you-to-find-out.html Either this is the biggest con in TV history, or he's really dead.

You read the books you know he is not dead and how the hell would john bradley know one way or another there is a reason for the varamyr prologue in dance Jon will live they just hope to build hype for when they bring him back it's a long game that they can't win because they will be set pictures. Furthermore why go the explicit effort of bringing mel to the wall

Well, all I'll say is that, if he is, it's the stupidest fucking thing in the entire book series and show.

Every other death had some point. Either the character impacted a lot of things or their death did. Jon's ENTIRE book arc would have been pointless. 100% pointless. So, if that's the case, I lose a lot of respect for GRRM. Why have us spend all that time with a character for no reason whatsoever?

I agree completely. His arc makes absolutely no sense otherwise, and was a complete waste of time. But who knows? Maybe he is just a nihilist. Maybe the entire point is that there is no point. As to "of course he won't say he's coming back!" I believe that they would at least hint at it to give a glimmer of hope. This could be the straw that breaks the camels back and makes viewers leave. Not a ton, but enough to hurt with the budget so high, and I've defended the hell out of this season. There's no point for people to watch if every single one of their favorites die and there's no hope in anything. The show needs to give the hint he might be back to keep people from fleeing.

One thing though... him saying that would be spoiling GRRM's next book. There's NO way they'd deviate that much from the book with a character like Jon. And he's emphatically telling us what we'll find out in tWoW? Why would they let him?

Methinks he doth protest too much.

That's what I mean though.

I think they knew darn well that nearly 100% of book readers would be telling everyone "he's not really dead" therefore spoiling their big shocker. So they put those articles out immediately after the airing. I mean why else have John Bradley "debunk" theories?

It's like they're trying way too hard to counter what they know all book readers are saying.

A lot of people will stop watching if he's dead, and if they wanted to curb that and have people still wanting to watch the next season, they would have just let that go even IF it wasn't true. Because then people would be left with some kind of hope.

But either way they're kind of killing the show somewhat by having him talk. It seems like he's talking TOO much.

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen
  • Like 1

All the clues and logic are there in the books and even the show. It's just Kit's two interviews that are throwing people for a loop. However, I said what I think about that in previous posts.

Also, why would GRRM hinge whether or not he gives D&D the rights to the show on them guessing Jon's mom if it's irrelevant in the end? Or if she's some nobody?

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen