CAYOM Year 6: Oscar Nominations

The nominations are here! The rules:PM to BLANKMENTS your rankings in each category, with 1 being your top choice and 5 being your last choice.The preliminary submission deadline will be Midnight Saturday Night. Blankments as the runner of the Oscar Ceremony has the discretion to alter this deadline depending on how quickly people submit their ballots AND how quickly he can develop an Oscar Ceremony. Take your time therefore with your rankings, because every single point can matter, though only submit your rankings once. Once Blankments get your PM you are locked in.The nominees:Best Picture451The Cardinal in the KremlinCareful Laid PlansSocietyTo the MoonBest Animated FeatureThe Golden BirdLe Grand ÉcranSir Thymes TimeTo The MoonThe Twenty-One BalloonsBest Documentary FeatureThe Book of 4ChanMiracle at the MeadowlandsPaddles: The Video Game StoryBest DirectorJoel and Ethan Coen for Careful Laid PlansAlfonso Cuaron for 451Christopher Nolan for ExpedecadeSteven Soderbergh for CyberSteven Spielberg for AvariceBest Ensemble451The Cardinal in the KremlinCareful Laid PlansChuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant SpidersSocietyBest ActorBradley Cooper for Best FriendsJoseph Gordon-Levitt for Careful Laid PlansRyan Gosling for High LifeNicholas Hoult for CyberAnton Yelchin for 24 HoursBest ActressSamantha Barks for WickedEmily Blunt for WickedJennifer Lawrence for SocietyMichelle Monaghan for High LifeNaomi Watts for 24 HoursBest Supporting ActorJames Badge Dale for Careful Laid PlansLeonardo DiCaprio for Careful Laid PlansJames Franco for WickedGary Oldman for 451Aaron Paul for CyberBest Supporting ActressJessica Chastain for The Cardinal in the KremlinAnna Kendrick for CyberRooney Mara for Careful Laid PlansEllen Page for 451Emma Stone for SocietyBest Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading RoleJack McBrayer for Sir Thymes TimeTom Hanks for To the MoonAudrey Tautou for Le Grand ÉcranGina Torres for AvariceBonnie Wright for To the MoonBest Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting RoleFrancois Cluzet for Le Grand ÉcranJennifer Lawrence for Sir Thyme’s TimeZoe Saldana for AvariceSebastian Stan for To the MoonOlivia Wilde for To the MoonBest Original Screenplay24 HoursCareful Laid PlansCyberHigh LifeLe Grand ÉcranBest Adapted Screenplay451The Cardinal in the KremlinChuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant SpidersExpedecadeTo the MoonBest Original ScoreMichael Giacchino for Mysteries of the BeyondMichael Nyman for The Cardinal in the KremlinHoward Shore for Careful Laid PlansLudovic Bource for Le Grand ÉcranHans Zimmer for AvariceBest Original Song"Dawn of Oblivion" from The Zone“Everything is Alright" from To the Moon"Rap Battle" from Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant Spiders“Time for Change” from Society“World of Wonder" from The Stuff of Legend: Into the DarkBest Cinematography451The Cardinal in the KremlinCareful Laid PlansLast Ditch EffortThe ZoneBest Film Editing24 Hours451Careful Laid PlansCyberSocietyBest Production Design451AvariceCareful Laid PlansLast Ditch EffortWickedBest Costumes451Careful Laid PlansKind Hearts and CoronetsLast Ditch EffortWickedBest Makeup & HairstylingAvariceLast Ditch EffortMan of La ManchaThe Stuff of Legend: Into the DarkWickedBest Sound MixingAvariceThe Cardinal in the KremlinSocietyTo the MoonWickedBest Sound Editing451AvariceThe Cardinal in the KremlinCareful Laid PlansMysteries of the BeyondBest Visual EffectsAvariceBioshockLast Ditch EffortMysteries of the BeyondPlaneswalkers: BetrayalsBest Use of ActionCareful Laid PlansChuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant SpidersExpedecadeLast Ditch EffortPlaneswalkers: Betrayals

• Like 3

Nomination Count (* = BP nominee):Careful Laid Plans- 15*451- 11*Avarice- 9To the Moon- 9*The Cardinal in the Kremlin- 8*Society- 7*Wicked- 7Cyber- 6Last Ditch Effort- 6Le Grand Écran- 524 Hours- 4Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant Spiders- 4Expedecade- 3High Life- 3Mysteries of the Beyond- 3Sir Thymes Time- 3Planeswalkers: Betrayals- 2The Stuff of Legend: Into the Dark- 2The Zone- 2Bioshock- 1The Book of 4Chan- 1Best Friends- 1The Golden Bird- 1Kind Hearts and Coronets- 1Man of La Mancha- 1Miracle at the Meadowlands- 1Paddles: The Video Game Story- 1The Twenty-One Balloons- 1Things of Note:Best Director matches 2/5 with Best Picture.Careful Laid Plans has the second-most nominations in the history of CAYOM 2.0 (first place is Alesia with 16).The Cardinal in the Kremlin is nominated for Best Picture and has 8 nominations overall, but missed out on Director and Editing nominations.Cyber is nominated for Director, 3 Acting Nominations, Original Screenplay, and Editing, but missed out on Best Picture.24 Hours has 4 nominations, all in major categories (Actor, Actress, Screenplay, Editing).

Avarice gets a Directing nomination and then all techs.

To the Moon ties Spark for most nominations by an Animated Film in CAYOM 2.0.

Edited by 4815162342

It's certainly a very strange year. Just like the real life Oscars this year. 3 lone director noms, hitting all major prerequisites for Picture but missing Picture. And etc.

Will we still be ranking the animated films? Because if To The Moon is the only animated film nominated for BP then it is by default the best animated feature of the year. And Congrats to ChD for getting nominate in his first year, and having the first animated film to be nominated for BP in CAYOM 2.0(at least I think so, I might be wrong)

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

If the winner isn't Cardinal In The Kremlin or 451, it'll keep up the trend of a new person winning BP each year in the new CAYOM.

Considering its strong support, I'd say To The Moon wins BP.Congrats to ChD for earning a BP nom in his first year.
  • Like 1

Yes we're still ranking Animated Film. Anything can happen.

For example in the old CAYOM (Year 36 I think) an animated film was nominated for Best Picture, but it won Animated Film by only a single point.

I agree Creator, Expedecade taking Director and Screenplay noms as well as Bana's snub is ridiculous. Plus no supporting actor nominations for Cardinal (I think Coster-Waldau and Bana were more deserving than anyone nominated except Oldman).

• Like 1

I mean I can't really say anything since I never did the Oscar picks, but Bana's exclusion is just so unsettling, especially since he won for the same film in that category in CAYOM 1.0. I really fleshed out his character more than I did any other character from any movie this year.

• Like 1

Very pleased with the showings of Chuck Norris, Expedecade, and Sir Thymes. Only snubs of mine I really see are Thymes in Song, and Ellen McLain in Supporting VA, but you can’t win them all. :P