CAYOM Year 6: Oscar Nominations

I still haven't figured out what I'm gonna do as an OC for next year. 39 Clues is done, and I've started on Narnia. I think that for my OC I might finish my informal Coesn brothers trilogy. It'll be set in the 1940s-80s era, but I'm not sure what it's about yet. Gonna be in the same vein, and style as Careful Laid Plans and Empty Hearth. I think it might almost be political in a sense. 

What does it stand for?

The Three-Month Funeral. It's about a man who puts in his will that his family has to live together and keep his body in the freezer for three months if they want to touch any of his estate. It's a family drama with dark comedic elements.

• Like 1

The Three-Month Funeral. It's about a man who puts in his will that his family has to live together and keep his body in the freezer for three months if they want to touch any of his estate. It's a family drama with dark comedic elements.

Is it still starring Meryl? Sounds fascinating regardless. 

Is it still starring Meryl? Sounds fascinating regardless. 

Yep, Meryl is the lead actress, playing the mother of the man who dies. Bill Murray is her husband, JGL is her son (lead actor,) Jennifer Lawrence is her daughter-in-law. Anthony Mackie, Thomas Lennon, and Dennis Quaid also have decent sized roles as the dead son's roommate, his lawyer, and Jennifer Lawrence's father. Definitely should have a great chance at all four acting categories, ensemble, director, and picture if I pull it off.

Well since we're sharing OCs for next year, I'm planning one where a fast food worker sees a man get shot on the side of the freeway and the killer sees him and he goes into hiding. It's a very zany pic, possibly directed by David Lynch.

• Like 1

Ok since we're in the sharing time section of class:

You got The Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar, which starts up a year following the conclusion of Alesia with Caesar and his allies in the middle of a civil war against the forces led by his rival Pompey, the first 60-65% of the film is Caesar dealing with his enemies one by one until he is in position to be declared Dictator for life. Unfortunately for him, concurrently you have the slow development of a conspiracy against him of senators who fearing he'll re-establish the old monarchy, which culminates in his assassination. The remaining 35-40% of the film is the chaotic aftermath that eventually settles into three men, his closest friend (Mark Antony), his grand-nephew and heir (Octavian), and his political attack dog (Marcus Lepidus) joining forces to rule Rome and hunt down and destroy the escaped assassins and the armies they're raising to retake Rome. It's all history so no spoilers to avoid revealing. I expect the film to run 190-200 minutes.

And then you have Blood Currency, which is an informal follow-up to Year 1's Hired Guns. The film takes place in 1872, 3 years after Hired Guns, in northern New Mexico territory, with our main character Smith (Michael Fassbender) being coerced by a somewhat malicious government agent into infiltrating a conflict between two rival conglomerates seeking control over a burgeoning mining town that is allegedly being stirred up by the man who took Smith in and taught him everything he knows about using a gun. Won't get into anything further than that.

Edited by 4815162342

Oh, and my secondary OC is Danny Boyle's Extrasensory, about a teenager with psychic powers who is taken into government custody to be used for military and intelligence strategy. It's going to be quite dark and disturbing.

Ok since we're in the sharing time section of class:

You got The Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar, which starts up a year following the conclusion of Alesia with Caesar and his allies in the middle of a civil war against the forces led by his rival Pompey, the first 60-65% of the film is Caesar dealing with his enemies one by one until he is in position to be declared Dictator for life. Unfortunately for him, concurrently you have the slow development of a conspiracy against him of senators who fearing he'll re-establish the old monarchy, which culminates in his assassination. The remaining 35-40% of the film is the chaotic aftermath that eventually settles into three men, his closest friend (Mark Antony), his grand-nephew and heir (Octavian), and his political attack dog (Marcus Lepidus) joining forces to rule Rome and hunt down and destroy the escaped assassins and the armies they're raising to retake Rome. It's all history so no spoilers to avoid revealing. I expect the film to run 190-200 minutes.

And then you have Blood Currency, which is an informal follow-up to Year 1's Hired Guns. The film takes place in 1872, 3 years after Hired Guns, in northern New Mexico territory, with our main character Smith (Michael Fassbender) being coerced by a somewhat malicious government agent into infiltrating a conflict between two rival conglomerates seeking control over a burgeoning mining town that is allegedly being stirred up by the man who took Smith in and taught him everything he knows about using a gun. Won't get into anything further than that.

Front runner for Hiccup's Critical Review #1. I am a sucker for period films. (look at Last Ditch Effort)

Captiva Island is a horror flick but it is my main Oscar contender. Horror will no longer be ignored!!!

Horror's not my thing but I still love the really well done, and solid Horror film. Looking forward to it, is it year 7?