Jack Nevada

Festival de Cannes 2013 (Screening tomorrow THE IMMIGRANT starring Joaquin Phoenix)

People who are gonna be on the jury w/ Spielberg. It's an interesting line-up for sure.

Daniel Auteuli

Vidya Balan

Naomi Kawase

Nicole Kidman

Ang Lee

Cristian Mungiu

Lynne Ramsay

Christoph Waltz

That's certainly an interesting jury.....:.

Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick Only Lovers Left Alive (starring Tom Hiddleston, Tilda Swinton, Mia Wasikowska, and John Hurt) has been added to the main competition. Additions in other sections:

Un Certain Regard
My Sweet Pepperland (dir. Hiner Saleem)
Tore tanzt (dir. Katrin Gebbe)
Wakolda (dir. Lucia Puenzo)

Out of Competition

Le dernier des injustes (dir. Claude Lanzmann)

OMG, Cannes has a restored version of Hiroshima, Mon Amour. :wub: (OMFG RIVA) I'd get excited over the Last Emperor as well but it's getting a 3D conversion, WTF? And Plein Soleil and L'Homme de Rio. :wub: :wub: 

The Past definitely has a strong shot. I think (hope?) The Immigrant emerges as a contender, and Inside Llewyn Davis is almost a no-brainer if it's up to par with the Coens' better work. Refn doesn't seem like a realistic contender for the top prize as long as his movies are so genre. The Bling Ring, Nebraska and Venus in Fur all seem a bit too lightweight. I wonder if Jarmusch is going to make a critical comeback and become a dark horse in the race.

The Past definitely has a strong shot. I think (hope?) The Immigrant emerges as a contender, and Inside Llewyn Davis is almost a no-brainer if it's up to par with the Coens' better work. Refn doesn't seem like a realistic contender for the top prize as long as his movies are so genre. The Bling Ring, Nebraska and Venus in Fur all seem a bit too lightweight. I wonder if Jarmusch is going to make a critical comeback and become a dark horse in the race.

The Bling Ring is at Un Certain Regard, though