The Dark Alfred

CAYOM Festival - Year 7 - Three-Month Funeral triumphs

I'm going to keep about 40min of footage from the film from the 2081 plotline and completely rework everything else.There's a really good movie with this premise, but it wasn't what I released to the festival.

Hey and this way you can even change directors and say the original got fired for the cut screened at the festival. :P

Haven't read TMF yet. Read everything the Day of the Festival they're screened, right before I write my review to simulate the screening effect.

I pre-read it though. I like to read my films a few hours before and let it marinate for a while before I write a review because I imagine most reviews even at festivals, except for tweets, aren't written right after. 

About a 1000 words were added in the rewrite, along with some grammar fixings, so be sure to still read it ric. 

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Though granted, both my rewrites this year ended up making the films longer. Narnia jumped from 6000 to almost 8000

:lol:

And added as in more story, or just more detail? 

Cus I didn't think the film needed any more plot....

:ph34r:

Edited by riczhang

I added a few scenes to either show the family just hanging out to show it's not all drama and added a bit to Alex and Matt's first introductions. I also revised the restaurant scene and added quite a bit to the montages.

I suppose that sticking with your failures is the grown up thing to do. The Academy will still be released, but the release won't be as high profile. Even though it's a mess, it's still a pretty one. :)

Posted Image

• Like 1

I added a few scenes to either show the family just hanging out to show it's not all drama and added a bit to Alex and Matt's first introductions. I also revised the restaurant scene and added quite a bit to the montages.

Good. Only thing I might be concerned about was too many montages.

Blank check you PMs.

And did you ever end up getting rid of the body in the fridge?

Nope. You were the only person who was against it out of three pre-readers (you, ChD ((he loved it)), and someone else not on this site.) Since I personally like it as well, I kept it in.

So in the end, I'm not pulling the Academy, but rather I'm delaying it to Y8 to improve it. It's a bit like how Gangster Squad was seriously edited to account for the Aurora tragedy, and The Academy will have more time to be fixed.

• Like 1

Nope. You were the only person who was against it out of three pre-readers (you, ChD ((he loved it)), and someone else not on this site.) Since I personally like it as well, I kept it in.

Ugh..... It's honestly so odd, and I really didn't like it. It's creepy, and disgusting (I mean wouldn't it rot even in a freezer?

:unsure:) And the biggest thing against it is that it that by keeping it in the freezer you seem to be indicating that it'll be serving a purpose, but it really doesn't end up factoring in. If you really want to keep it in, I'd recommend rewriting it after the festival (call it re-editing ;) ) and make it serve a purpose similar to T.J. Eckleburg in Gatsby. Then it'd make sense and I'd be okay with it. 

So in the end, I'm not pulling the Academy, but rather I'm delaying it to Y8 to improve it. It's a bit like how Gangster Squad was seriously edited to account for the Aurora tragedy, and The Academy will have more time to be fixed.

Hopefully it ends up being a much better film than the mediocreness of Gangster Squad.

• Like 1

Ugh..... It's honestly so odd, and I really didn't like it. It's creepy, and disgusting (I mean wouldn't it rot even in a freezer?

:unsure:) And the biggest thing against it is that it that by keeping it in the freezer you seem to be indicating that it'll be serving a purpose, but it really doesn't end up factoring in. If you really want to keep it in, I'd recommend rewriting it after the festival (call it re-editing ;) ) and make it serve a purpose similar to T.J. Eckleburg in Gatsby. Then it'd make sense and I'd be okay with it. 

I guess I could try to make it like T.J. Eckleberg, but I'll wait for festival reviews first before deciding on any major changes.