The Dark Alfred

CAYOM Festival - Year 7 - Three-Month Funeral triumphs

Well, if someone else has a film already finished, they can have the opening. TMF is almost done though, and I plan on spending all of Saturday morning writing my Scorcese movie. If anyone's wondering, my priorities are:

Three-Month Funeral

Fall of Boss Tweed

Justice League

LucIId

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Santa Claus, Ultimate Badass

Teen Titans

everything else

First we need to see how many films will be ready. Then if someone has two then obviously that person can choose to have an AOC film for either opening or closing night. If we're following the feel of Cannes then smaller films should run for the award and more Hollywood-like films AOC. A Tarantino or Scorsese film would perfect for opening night. For instance this year Great Gatsby opens Cannes.

• Like 1

Also, I approached a honorable member of the forum to be the Jury and he accepted my invitation. We might get ourselves another player in the future as well.

Could I possibly get a name out of you? ;)

The way I see it is that the three panelists would each submit a film out of competition, and then the Opening and Closing films, which are also typically out of competition, but don't have to be, would come from the other players.

But the panelists decide what film opens and what film closes, since we're THE PANEL after all. :P

So basically, Alfred, riczhang and I will need to start up a PM conversation where we'll discuss what submitted film opens, what submitted film closes, and the order in which we will present and review the other films in-between.

Edited by 4815162342

Probably should start a post with a running tally of confirmed submissions:

The Academy (Spaghetti) (IC)

Blank (Numbers) (OOC)

The Crying of Lot 49 (riczhang) (IC)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time (Alfred) (IC)

The Fall of Boss Tweed (Blank) (IC)

Spark Ignition (Spaghetti) (?)

Three Month Funeral (Blank) (IC)

Edited by 4815162342

Just an observation on Cannes Opening and Closing films. The Opening film is generally more Hollywoody, Larger, and less-artsy than Cannes in general. The Closing film is almost always an auteur film. 

I'm going to spend most of tomorrow writing The Academy, but I may not finish it by Sunday, although I'm already 1.6k words in, and I can write really fast when motivated.Hopefully Spark: Ignition is considered for Opening/Closing night.