The Dark Alfred

CAYOM Festival - Year 7 - Three-Month Funeral triumphs

Current Confirmed Submissions:

The Academy (Spaghetti) (IC)

Amulet (Alpha) (IC)

Blank (Numbers) (OOC)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-Time (Alfred) (IC)

The Fall of Boss Tweed (Blank) (IC)

La Plaisir, Faux (riczhang) (IC)

Spark: Ignition (Spaghetti) (OOC)

Three Month Funeral (Blank) (IC)

Tom Sawyer (Alpha) (IC)

Edited by 4815162342

Ugh.... I went through my notes again on Lot 49 and it's still unadaptable for te time being. I have another Haneke film written that I'll modify and submit it instead. It's called La Plaisir, Faux. I wrote it a few months ago but never released it as a big problem is that it isn't Hanekian enough at face value. However deep down I think that the message is absolutely Haneke, and I'm very proud of it. Just have to make the message a little more clear.

I was just wondering... Since we added this, is it possible to add a Best Short Film category (Which should include both animations and live action). I mean, I bet people have lots of great ideas that can't be translated into a 1 and 1/2 hour movie, but work perfectly in a short movie.

They wouldn't get any theatrical releases, but once they have been released here, they are eligible for the Academy Awards, and so we can add Best Short Film to Academy also, if there are from 3 to 5 short movies there.

Fall of Boss Tweed can be out of competition. I thought we were limiting it to one movie a player.

Depends on how many are In Competition. Since we're aiming for a Top 3 to submit to the jury, we're hoping for at least 6 films in competition.

• Like 1

Can we replace my In-Competition film (The Academy) with Extrasensory? I've finished writing The Academy, but it's still a little bit rough, and Extrasensory will require less touchup to be ready for the festival.

The Academy was actually a very tough film to write, and I think that some of it could use a bit more development.

Edited by Spaghetti

We currently have 8 films from 6 players. 6 films in contention, 2 out of contention.

ChD will you have Journey ready for the Festival? Only other person who hasn't confirmed a submission is Hiccup (Creator said he was not taking part in the festival this time around).

I think if we can get a 1-2 more in contention films and another OOC film we'll be set.

We currently have 8 films from 6 players. 6 films in contention, 2 out of contention.

ChD will you have Journey ready for the Festival? Only other person who hasn't confirmed a submission is Hiccup (Creator said he was not taking part in the festival this time around).

I think if we can get a 1-2 more in contention films and another OOC film we'll be set.

I will do my best to get it ready.

Actually, scratch that, Tom Sawyer is in competition.

Sorry to keep changing things around, but I've decided that The Academy will be my submission instead of Extrasensory. 

This is absolutely final. I won't change it anymore.

You could submit both. :P