16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Zoolander is one of the funniest films from the Frat Pack, only behind, imo Anchorman. Stiller created a fantastic character and the subject matter is ripe for satire. A terrific cast as well, right down to bit players like Billy Zane and David Bowie.Some gems:"I'm bulemic.""You can read minds? SNAP!!""They're break dance fighting.""The files are IN the computer."I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."Merman...(Coughs) MERMAN!!"Derek Zoolander: Or are you here to tell me what a bad eugoogoolizer I am?Matilda: A what?Derek Zoolander: A eugoogoolizer... one who speaks at funerals.[Matilda looks at Derek confused]Derek Zoolander: Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a eugoogooly wasDerek Zoolander: Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career."Matilda: Do what for a career?Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good looking.And this is probably something you all knew, but here's a fun piece of trivia:Derek's repetition of the line "But why male models?" for the second time in the cemetery scene was an ad-lib by the actors; Ben Stiller forgot his line and simply repeated the earlier line again, and David Duchovny ran with it and gave him a straight answer.I love this movie.

• Like 6

Zoolander is one of the funniest films from the Frat Pack, only behind, imo Anchorman. Stiller created a fantastic character and the subject matter is ripe for satire. A terrific cast as well, right down to bit players like Billy Zane and David Bowie.Some gems:"I'm bulemic.""You can read minds? SNAP!!""They're break dance fighting.""The files are IN the computer."I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."Merman...(Coughs) MERMAN!!"Derek Zoolander: Or are you here to tell me what a bad eugoogoolizer I am?Matilda: A what?Derek Zoolander: A eugoogoolizer... one who speaks at funerals.[Matilda looks at Derek confused]Derek Zoolander: Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a eugoogooly wasDerek Zoolander: Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career."Matilda: Do what for a career?Derek Zoolander: Be professionally good looking.And this is probably something you all knew, but here's a fun piece of trivia:Derek's repetition of the line "But why male models?" for the second time in the cemetery scene was an ad-lib by the actors; Ben Stiller forgot his line and simply repeated the earlier line again, and David Duchovny ran with it and gave him a straight answer.I love this movie.

The random thing is, I just read about that 10 minutes prior to reading this lol.

• Like 1

Couldn't find this in the archive earlier so I thought it didn't have a thread yet.

But yeah, pretty much agree with the general consensus. The movie is freaking hilarious, and fine performances from everyone.

"The Derek Zoolander Center for kids who can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too"  :rofl:

A

• Like 1

Zoolander is non-stop enjoyment. It's a film that gets better every time. About 80% of the jokes hit, and when they don't, you're still grinning from the sheer goofiness that pervades the entire production. Stiller's direction is pretty good, but it's really his performance as Derek Zoolander that's incredibly humorous and yet oddly heartfelt at points. If I was to talk about favorite performances in it, that wouldn't be fair since EVERYONE is incredible in this. Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, Jerry Stiller, and the various cameos are all hilarious and Christine Taylor grounds the film as a fantastic straight woman to the sheer lunacy going on around her. You also can't pick a favorite gag; there's too much insanity that picking a favorite feels wrong. Zoolander is pure humorous delight, and my favorite all-out farcical comedy of all time. A+