CAYOM Year 7 Discussion

The gross for Amulet can be determined by the definite intergral of F(t), where F is a differentiable function over the interval (1, 25) and in effect would be continuous over this same interval. There must also be a point in Amulet's gross where, by the mean value theorem, its rate of change of weekend gross is equal to the gross of its 25th weekend minus the gross of its first weekend, all divided by 24....

• Like 1

The gross for Amulet can be determined by the definite intergral of F(t), where F is a differentiable function over the interval (1, 25) and in effect would be continuous over this same interval. There must also be a point in Amulet's gross where, by the mean value theorem, its rate of change of weekend gross is equal to the gross of its 25th weekend minus the gross of its first weekend, all divided by 24....

We're told that the 6 theaters of a movie constitute a population, and we're asked to find the standard deviation of this population. (The calculation for the standard deviation of a population is slightly different from the calculation for the standard deviation of a sample.)

The standard deviation of an average is a measure of the "spread" of the measurements of the average about their mean. The more that the measurements tend to differ (deviate) from their mean, the greater the standard deviation.
Edited by Iron Alpha
  • Like 1

I sincerely hope Fish doesn't visit this part of the forums and see who I cast in my Nicholas Sparks movie. :ph34r:

She doesn't need to visit it. She will feel that something disturbs the force, and she will look for that disturbance.

• Like 1

I just realized something interesting about Alfred and his films. His #1 movie of a given year becomes a song title in one of his films in the next year.

"The Road Home" in Forgiven, Not Forgotten

"Dawn Of Oblivion" in The Zone

"Cyber Brainstorm" in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time

• Like 2

I just realized something interesting about Alfred and his films. His #1 movie of a given year becomes a song title in one of his films in the next year.

"The Road Home" in Forgiven, Not Forgotten

"Dawn Of Oblivion" in The Zone

"Cyber Brainstorm" in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time

I was wondering why he named The Zone original song "Dawn Of Oblivion."

Creator approves.

God Damnit Hiccup!!!!

You could have made one of the best films of the year, possibly THE BEST, but you put no effort into it at all. I speak of course of The Idiot, which just copy and pastes the Wikipedia summary, doesn't bother thinking of a cast, and chooses a director who has only done action flicks to helm a lavish period romantic drama.

Come on man.