CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

Guest TheGrappler

No one is saying it isn't hypocritical, but what I find incredibly stupid is that you seem to be naive enough to believe that Twilight fans are not guilty of bashing Potter. I saw a video where A WOMAN STOOD UP AND SHRIEKED HARRY POTTER SUCKS.Stop fucking attacking Potter fans as if they're the only one to blame, when it's supposed to be both.

Twilight fans are definitely guilty of bashing Potter. The difference is Twilight fans are called out on their behavior while HP fans are free to act that way with impunity. As if somehow they have an innate superiority. Anyone who doesn't kiss HP's ass every second is demonized.

Twilight fans are definitely guilty of bashing Potter. The difference is Twilight fans are called out on their behavior while HP fans are free to act that way with impunity. As if somehow they have an innate superiority. Anyone who doesn't kiss HP's ass every second is demonized.

That's because Twilight fans are often regarded as idiots. I don't see it that way, but of all the franchises, the Twihards are the ones who come off as the most desperate and overly-clingy. Maybe that's why they're attacked. Oh, and the fact that most of the time they can't even begin to defend their books in a reasonable way when there is an actual debate?*yawn*Potter fans bash Twilight fans, but not the majority. Most Potter fans don't like Twilight and are more interested in Hunger Games, LoTR, etc.

Why exactly is it looking at a great hold? DH1 dropped 60.7%, 60-65% would be great for it but it will likely drop around 65-70%.

It`s going to be a great hold because fans are gaga over this movie although it is based on the book that many fans consider the worst. However, the movie somehow managed to change minds and it`s almost universal drooling over it.Also, would you people please stop comparing BD 1 and DH1? Potheads and Twihards are totally different animals from each other.Potheads are extremly high maintenance becasue they bitch over minimal changes and omissions and HP certianly wouldn`t cut it if it had Harry caked in flour looking constipated at Hermione for 2 hours. Twihards, OTOH, only want Edward and more Edward regardless of what he does or doesn`t and in this movie, he`s fucking Bella which is what everyone was waiting for. Hold is going to be ah-mazing.

Guest TheGrappler

here's an example of an extremely stupid thing an HP fan once saidthe person said, Twilight New Moon made all its money because of the media hype, while Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince "quietly" made money. What the hell! Are you kidding me!

Guest TheGrappler

That's because Twilight fans are often regarded as idiots. I don't see it that way, but of all the franchises, the Twihards are the ones who come off as the most desperate and overly-clingy. Maybe that's why they're attacked. Oh, and the fact that most of the time they can't even begin to defend their books in a reasonable way when there is an actual debate?*yawn*Potter fans bash Twilight fans, but not the majority. Most Potter fans don't like Twilight and are more interested in Hunger Games, LoTR, etc.

so you admit that HP fans act that way, and give some ridiculous excuse to justify their behavior. Ridiculous. Nobody should have to defend themselves for liking some book. And I am pretty sure there is more crossover appeal in Twilight and HP than you want to believe. Edited by TheGrappler

But that has nothing to do with BO patterns which the DH1 comparison does. There is no way WOM is strong enough to manage a sub 60% drop. All the fans will see it there usual 2 or 3 times but nothing significant enough to create a BO anomaly for the franchise.

But that has nothing to do with BO patterns which the DH1 comparison does. There is no way WOM is strong enough to manage a sub 60% drop. All the fans will see it there usual 2 or 3 times but nothing significant enough to create a BO anomaly for the franchise.

That`s what you want to happen but there`s evidence to the contrary. There will be an anomaly. DH2 was a HP anomaly and BD 1 seems to be on track as Twilight`s. Fans are crazy about it. What`s so hard to understand?

so you admit that HP fans act that way, and give some ridiculous excuse to justify their behavior. Ridiculous. Nobody should have to justify what they like. And I am pretty sure there is more crossover appeal in Twilight and HP than you want to believe.

Who cares what a bunch of nobody posters say on some fansite forum.This is BO, we only interpret fact and the fact is Potter is a bigger movie franchise than Twilight, maybe that is why Twilight gets extra hate around here from Potter, people seem overly keen on something beating Potter at the BO so they constantly draw comparisons with Twilight and Twilight fans seem eager to prove they are the better product but honestly they are two different things that shouldn't be compared, that is what bothers me.

I can't wait till next year when Breaking Dawn Part 2 closes in theaters and the Twilight and Harry Potter rivalry will be ended because arguments between the fan bases is really annoying

Fighting will never end and BD 2 will beat The Avengers. Edited by fishnets

so you admit that HP fans act that way, and give some ridiculous excuse to justify their behavior. Ridiculous. Nobody should have to defend themselves for liking some book. And I am pretty sure there is more crossover appeal in Twilight and HP than you want to believe.

I don't justify their behavior, but I can understand WHY Twilight fans are the most attacked fanbase - and for good reason. They seem to only value men taking their shirts off. And don't even get me started on Twi-moms which are absolutely appalling. How can a grown mother, a much older woman, shriek for Jacob? That is just beyond me.

That`s what you want to happen but there`s evidence to the contrary. There will be an anomaly. DH2 was a HP anomaly and BD 1 seems to be on track as Twilight`s. Fans are crazy about it. What`s so hard to understand?

DH2 was a HP anomaly because it was the finale, not because it was a great film in the fans/general public's eyes that suddenly changed the the type of legs the film had which is the issue here, it had a standard multiplier.BD1 clearly will not be able to break that 2 ish multiplier all the sequels have seen. It won't pass 300m if it opens below 140m.

Guest TheGrappler

Who cares what a bunch of nobody posters say on some fansite forum.This is BO, we only interpret fact and the fact is Potter is a bigger movie franchise than Twilight, maybe that is why Twilight gets extra hate around here from Potter, people seem overly keen on something beating Potter at the BO so they constantly draw comparisons with Twilight and Twilight fans seem eager to prove they are the better product but honestly they are two different things that shouldn't be compared, that is what bothers me.

of course HP is the most popular book series but Twilight is clearly number 2, and instead of acknowledging that, people try to undermine its success, saying it "should" have made this or that. When someone thinks outside of the box and says "hey, it's interesting that Twilight makes as much money as HP domestically despite the books selling far less" he is attacked and vilified.

I don't justify their behavior, but I can understand WHY Twilight fans are the most attacked fanbase - and for good reason. They seem to only value men taking their shirts off. And don't even get me started on Twi-moms which are absolutely appalling. How can a grown mother, a much older woman, shriek for Jacob? That is just beyond me.

I think those people are crazy too, but don't act like there are no crazy HP fans, you would be lying if you say there are none

Anyone want to talk about Happy Feet 2

Penguins have been done for a while; Happy Feet came out right after March of the Penguins, and the dancing thing was a nice novelty, but in 2011 it's been done. The reaction to the original seems pretty mixed for a movie with a 4.5x+ multiplier. Breaking Dawn could have had some effect, like Twilight did with Bolt three years ago. But at the end of the day, it's just another animated sequel underperforming because marketing failed to reignite anyone's interest in the franchise. Plus, families are saving their money for The Muppets. Or at least they better be.

Yes, but Twihards and Twimoms don`t come to , lets say, TF forums to call TF movies shit. It`s TF fans who come over to shit on Twilight. Geek sites such as CHUD had anti-Twilight write-ups. Twilight sites don`t have anti-geek movie ones. Say what you will about those fans, and they are stupid for reasons I`ll get to in a sec, they were attacked first by fandoms who felt "jeopardized" by Twi success. Lets be honest here, Potheads started the war when Twi got labelled Next HP.That said, Twihards are stupid as fuck for:a) hating most talented cast member K-Stew who is really talented and pretty, B) thinking that Potter alumni Constipattz, who looks like someone hit him with a frying pan, is Apollo or other God of Beautyc) same as B) only replace Constipattz with that sweet potatoe nose Lautner whose "Look at me! I`m in the movie! Look at me only!" overcating is a total whoring for attentiond) trending every wind that Nikki Reed breaks and she farts left and right, from regular to brain fartsFuckin morons.
  • Like 2