CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

If the opening day ends up being ~70m and the weekend ~140m and the total ~290-300m then this has to be the most consistent franchise ever.

I still think Potter is the poster boy for consistency. With the exception of the first one being an outlier, 6 of the films fell between somewhere around 40-45m admissions domestically. DH1 fell a little below that. Potter went strong for 10 years. Twilight will have knocked out 5 films in 4 years. It has the clear advantage with time and holding peoples attention.

(a) seems pretty early for any estimate( B) if true, this would set new records for front loaded-ness by a major opener, right?

I think it's more likely to top New Moon by a couple million. That prediction/estimate seems quite low to me.

So, let's take that Friday number: $42mNew Moon's IM:30.3 Midnights42.0 Friday38.2 Saturday25.2 Sunday135.7 OWDH1 IM:30.3 Midnights42.0 Friday42.6 Saturday27.9 Sunday142.8 OW

Variety is now saying $135 million weekend.Variety_JLD Josh DickeyBREAKING DAWN tracking for $135m; could fall a shade below NEW MOON.

If it follows New Moon's trajectory, then it will fall below its OW