CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

This is a remarkable OD considering students were in school, mitigating midnight and afternoon showings. For DH, 43% of the money made on its OW came from 3D, and those tickets are about 30% higher than a standard 2D ticket. So when you do the math only about 37% of the tickets sold were actually 3D....0.43*91M= 39.13M 39.13M/10.34= 3.78M 3D tickets sold0.57*91M=51.87M51.87M/7.95= 6.52M 2D tickets soldTotal Tickets Sold: 10.3M3D - 36.7%2D - 63.3%If all of its tickets were sold in 2D, the film should have had an opening day of 81.9M (10.3*7.95)So, for BD Part 1 to make more than 90% of Hallows OD is really really impressive. Good job Twilight!

Variety is now saying $135 million weekend.Variety_JLD Josh DickeyBREAKING DAWN tracking for $135m; could fall a shade below NEW MOON.

It said between 135-145. No one really knows where it will land after a 65-75 OD. Right now they are just guesses based on history. But it was nice of you to put the low end...135, instead of the actual range he mentioned...135-145. ;)

It said between 135-145. No one really knows where it will land after a 65-75 OD. Right now they are just guesses based on history. But it was nice of you to put the low end...135, instead of the actual range he mentioned...135-145. ;)

Actually his first tweet said 135BREAKING DAWN tracking for $135m; could fall a shade below NEW MOON.So I am guessing he didn't see the second one.

I went to the 5pm show. The day shows were brisk but not near sellouts. However, at the theater I went to, every show after 7:30 was either sold out or within 10% of doing so. If this does 70 OD why are you guys expecting less than 140 mill? There is no reason to suggest this will be any more front loaded than NM, in fact, with a 70 OD it could hit 145-150.

Variety_JLDEarly BO: BREAKING DAWN tracking for $135m-$145m; HAPPY FEET soft at $22m; IMMORTALS, PUSS, J&J slip to low teens; DESCENDANTS $1m (limited)

FRIDAY 5 PM, 4TH UPDATE: Summit Entertainment sources tell me thatBreaking Dawn Part 1 is softening slightly tonight for a $70 million opening day. So now this fourth Twilight Saga feature is targeting $135M for its debut weekend. That will be the 2nd biggest weekend debut since the studio began making Stephenie Meyer’s vampire romance novels into films — behind only theTwilight sequel New Moon‘s $142.8M. That’s about halfway between what Summit lowballed and what rival studios highballed Breaking Dawn‘s grosses would be.