CJohn

Friday Numbers DHD - Breaking Dawn 72M!

Are you serious? Has a 70 million dollar opening day really become that blase now that it becomes "concerning"? :lol:

You noticed the use of quotation marks?It would be concerning in the context of not following the previous films success, as the movie is expected to be even more frontloaded and it could be a sign, that the, in my eyes, horrible storyline of the last book may have an impact.

You noticed the use of quotation marks?It would be concerning in the context of not following the previous films success, as the movie is expected to be even more frontloaded and it could be a sign, that the, in my eyes, horrible storyline of the last book may have an impact.

Why would this be more frontloaded than the other two films? If people hated the book so much they wouldn't show up to 30 mill in midnights.

If the opening weekend is below $140m, then there will be a 0.0000% chance of it breaking $300m.

Not quite. The WOM can be just like Eclipse. You have Thanksgiving coming up and the holidays. I don't think it will hit 300 either but there is a chance that it does no matter what it opens to.

Is it possible for SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS to beat BD l?

IMO, no. I think the 2nd will drop significantly because the first really wasn't that good.

Not quite. The WOM can be just like Eclipse. You have Thanksgiving coming up and the holidays. I don't think it will hit 300 either but there is a chance that it does no matter what it opens to.

No, my dear. No, my bull pie.

Why would this be more frontloaded than the other two films? If people hated the book so much they wouldn't show up to 30 mill in midnights.

Because series tend to become more frontloaded with every movie and if the number of 70Mio became true, that would mean more frontloadedness for me: Bigger midnights and much less than New Moon did during the rest of Friday.The midnight crowd probably consists of 95% of fans and/or book readers/admirers, so they would come anyway. The smaller friday number would be much more telling, as that may be a sign for less interest with general audiences.But it's early. It may very well become an 75Mio opening day within the next 3 hours... Edited by Poseidon

Is it possible for SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS to beat BD l?

OW? No way. DOM total. In my opinion, no. But a lot of people are predicting 300M for SH2 (I think BD1 will end with 285M DOM total). That should be enough.

I am not surprised that Happy Feet 2 is underperforming. Has anyone seen that main trailer they released? It was terrible! The one with the singing, rapping penguins. I mean, who is going to see that movie after that awful trailer. I mean when it came in from DH2 it just felt so awkward watching it with everyone else. At least in the trailers for the Chipmunk movies (which I haven't seen), there are a couple parts that make me chuckle a bit so I can understand that success.

Because series tend to become more frontloaded with every movie and if the number of 70Mio became true, that would mean more frontloadedness for me: Bigger midnights and much less than New Moon during the rest of Friday.The midnight crowd probably consists of 95% of fans and/or book readers, so they would come anyway. The smaller friday number would be much more telling, as that may be a sign for less interest with general audiences.But it's early. It may very well become an 75Mio opening day within the next 3 hours...

Twilight has been incredibly consistent. Eclipse had a much bigger Midnight than NM and yet it made more. So your theory isn't exactly apodictic.

IMO, no. I think the 2nd will drop significantly because the first really wasn't that good.

70% RT

81% Flixster

B+ Yahoo

2,790,881 DVD units sold

$44,873,067 Consumer spending

Don't you think these aren't enough? I really enjoyed the first. Well I guess, to each his own.