baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

Can we get a makeup SOTM? Pretty please?? I missed two of them this year!

SOTM: Makeup - Predict Butler's total by the end of the game to within 0.3%

Correct:  1,000

Incorrect: -250,000 

No Abstaining.

How's that?

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Hopefully Butler had a good Sunday.

It's a small sample in the grand scheme of things, but my theater was packed for it yesterday around 4pm. (And fulfilling the trend, they also gave it resounding applause.)

• Founder / Operator

I could end up regretting it, but I played the odds on SOTM12. I'm fairly confident Butler will still be over $25m with actuals, and that's a figure I just don't think 1D3D is hitting in 3 days. I'm not ruling it out, of course, given that Hannah and Bieber did more.

But... I just really feel like those two stars were even more popular during the time of their releases. They also released in more wide open markets. The holiday opening for 1D3D makes sense too, but at the end of a very busy summer I'm just not sensing the kind of $30m-ish demand seen by the bigger concert pics. Not to mention that Katy Perry's and Jonas Brothers' movies didn't get anywhere near those numbers. Even Michael Jackson's barely eclipsed $25m and he was.... Michael friggin Jackson.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1