baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

• Founder / Operator

Sometimes we forget that a new predictor to box office can have the leg up, because he doesn't have many biases that accumulate over the years. New people can easily do well in this game and I think that's a major part of why they do. They also want to prove themselves so they do a lot of research and effort into their answers.

Posted Image

• Like 3

I know he's joking, I was just kidding back.

Oh yeah, I mis-typed that. I should have said something like "for the folks that knew he was joking, of which 99% probably still had no idea which movie he was referring to"

:bravo:

Ya gots to remember, half these kids here weren't even born before Jurassic Park came out. Anything more than "Luke I am your father" or "we're gonna need a bigger boat" and it's WHOOOSH, straight over their heads.

lol

• Like 2

Its about 17 weeks and yes there is soooooooooooooooooooo much time left.  You guys really don't understand how important your top 15 is and your international picks.  You can make up 200,000 points.  

Speaking of biases my IM3 bias killed me in multiple ways, luckily for the weeklies I only let my bias influence a couple questions. Biases are killed in this game and I'm really starting to worry about a few films. Everyone's fucked for OW questions though, so at least we're all in this together :wub: Great now I want to watch HSM.

I'm brand new to the game, but it cracks me up how quickly people wanna throw in the towel! It's been two weeks. Doesn't this game go on for five months?  :lol:

I'm new too. I just checked, and last year's winner had 1.5 million points, beating second place by something like 179,000 points. There's no point in giving up this early. Absolutely nothing is decided.

I'm new too. I just checked, and last year's winner had 1.5 million points, beating second place by something like 179,000 points. There's no point in giving up this early. Absolutely nothing is decided.

The winner in 2009 won by 6,000 points.

Mattrek, you have this belief that you are better than me. You have this belief that your predictions are so very good and I am so very bad (lies and false propaganda!). Perhaps my victory over you in the Summer Game will be the perfect example of how pathetically weak you have become. I go!

The winner in 2009 won by 6,000 points.

Okay, but the point is that with 1.5 million points being a target, we're still in the first quarter of the game. There's time for everybody to make a run.

Speaking of which, a question for baumer:

are we looking at a similar-sized game this year, or are you thinking of throwing even more stuff at us, so that a total of 1.5 million points might not even be anywhere near good enough for the top 5 or even top 10?

Okay, but the point is that with 1.5 million points being a target, we're still in the first quarter of the game. There's time for everybody to make a run.Speaking of which, a question for baumer:are we looking at a similar-sized game this year, or are you thinking of throwing even more stuff at us, so that a total of 1.5 million points might not even be anywhere near good enough for the top 5 or even top 10?

I was agreeing with your point and showing how not even a weeks questions can decide the game in the end.

I was agreeing with your point and showing how not even a weeks questions can decide the game in the end.

I understand. Who knows how it'll turn out, but there's still enough time for someone in the bottom 10 to challege for the top spot.

I understand. Who knows how it'll turn out, but there's still enough time for someone in the bottom 10 to challege for the top spot.

As of now the person in 48th could still win, it's a long game with a lot of points.