This season has been extremely enjoyable so far.

I feared that the show would suffer with Will behind bars but it hasn't. He's been such an active participant in moving the story forward and watching Dancy explore Will's darker side has been captivating. However, I am ready for him to be exonerated and released. Here we are at pretty much the halfway point and he's still in there. 

• Like 1

So could this be leading to Francis Donahyde in Season 3?

According to Bryan Fuller, they want the first three seasons to be like undiscovered Thomas Harris novels and then season 4 would get into the events of Red Dragon, season 5 would be Silence of the Lambs, season 6 would be Hannibal, and then season 7 would wrap everything up. More specifically, season 3 would be

Hannibal exposed as the Chesapeake Ripper and on the run from Will and the FBI.

They've been in talks with MGM about securing rights to the Clarice Starling character because in 2012 MGM and the Lifetime cable network proposed a Clarice Starling after the FBI academy series. There's been no movement on that series since the initial announcement.

NBC's Hannibal is not allowed to use any character that originated in SotL movie i.e. Clarice or Barney the orderly. Originally Hannibal's patient Franklyn and his friend Tobias were supposed to be Benjamin Raispail and Jame Gumb aka Buffalo Bill. Cynthia Nixon's character name is an anagram of Paul Krendler, who was later played by Ray Liotta in Hannibal but was first introduced in SotL.

Will Graham isn't in the Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal novels but according to Hugh Dancy the intention is to keep him involved in some capacity. They've even mentioned shortening the seasons down to 8 or 10 episodes if a particular novel needs less time to be fleshed out the way they'd like.

• Like 2

According to Bryan Fuller, they want the first three seasons to be like undiscovered Thomas Harris novels and then season 4 would get into the events of Red Dragon, season 5 would be Silence of the Lambs, season 6 would be Hannibal, and then season 7 would wrap everything up. More specifically, season 3 would be

Hannibal exposed as the Chesapeake Ripper and on the run from Will and the FBI.

They've been in talks with MGM about securing rights to the Clarice Starling character because in 2012 MGM and the Lifetime cable network proposed a Clarice Starling after the FBI academy series. There's been no movement on that series since the initial announcement. NBC's Hannibal is not allowed to use any character that originated in SotL movie i.e. Clarice or Barney the orderly. Originally Hannibal's patient Franklyn and his friend Tobias were supposed to be Benjamin Raispail and Jame Gumb aka Buffalo Bill. Cynthia Nixon's character name is an anagram of Paul Krendler, who was later played by Ray Liotta in Hannibal but was first introduced in SotL. Will Graham isn't in the Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal novels but according to Hugh Dancy the intention is to keep him involved in some capacity. They've even mentioned shortening the seasons down to 8 or 10 episodes if a particular novel needs less time to be fleshed out the way they'd like.

A Lot of that makes sense and I do hope they get the right to SOTT characters etc. That would also potentially give season 3 scope to introduce Mason Verger if they are planning ahead for a potential 'Hannibal' season.

Did not expect them to kill Chilton off like that

I don't think he's dead. At an angle like that, it's entirely possible the headshot wasn't fatal. Besides, if the guy can survive getting disembowled, I think he might be able to make it through this.

They got away with him being disemboweled and losing an organ in Season 1. They're not going to pull the same miraculous survival a second time.Really bummed because Raul Esparza brought his A+ game this season.

• Like 1