Chilton Lives!!! 

IGN: We also know that we're going to see the return of Dr. Chilton, a.k.a. the man who can take a bullet to the face and come back for more. Did you know when you wrote that sequence that he was going to survive the shooting? Or was that a decision that was made later?Fuller: Yeah, and we had talked about just letting him die. It was Steve Lightfoot, Martha De Laurentiis and myself talking about whether we should kill off such an iconic character in the mythology. It really came down to Raúl [Esparza, who plays Chilton] and Raúl brings such a different energy to the show. Also, it felt like there was a whole chapter of the Chilton/Hannibal relationship that we had yet to explore, so I would feel robbed as an audience member not to see and understand exactly why these two men disdain each other so much when we see their stories in the literature and in the films.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/08/hannibal-bryan-fuller-on-playing-with-hannibals-origin-and-big-surprises-in-season-3

While I normally get annoyed at character resurrections, I will give the show a pass here because Raul Esparza totally nailed it as Chilton.

I don't think he's dead. At an angle like that, it's entirely possible the headshot wasn't fatal. Besides, if the guy can survive getting disembowled, I think he might be able to make it through this.

Can I just say I totally called it?

• Like 1

About The Show

The dark and haunting series "Hannibal" returns for a third season, revealing the fates of characters hanging in the balance, and the continuing psychological cat-and-mouse games they face.

After the shocking events of the Season 2 finale, Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen) is on the run in Europe - accompanied by his psychiatrist Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) - sporting a new identity, but servicing the same insatiable appetite. As the lives of Will (Hugh Dancy), Jack (Laurence Fishburne) and Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) converge toward Hannibal again, each with their own motivations to catch him once and for all, their deadly dance turns in startling and unexpected ways.

In the second half of the season, Jack implores Will to help him catch a new threat, a serial killer preying on families, known in the press as the Tooth Fairy, but self-proclaimed as The Great Red Dragon. The hunt may force Will to turn to an unwelcome source of insight - his old adversary, Hannibal.

Hannibal
"ANTIPASTO"
06/04/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)

HANNIBAL IS ON THE RUN - EDDIE IZZARD AND ZACHARY QUINTO GUEST STAR -- Having successfully escaped FBI capture, Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) is moving through the European landscape, with Bedelia Du Maurier (Gillian Anderson) in tow. But Dr. Lecter's old habits and opulent tastes are still on display as he settles into a new identity and life in Florence, Italy, working at the Palazzo Capponi museum. Glimpses into the past help inform his relationship with Bedelia, a pairing not clearly defined as friend or foe. Tom Wisdom and Jeremy Crutchley also guest star.

Nine Questions About Hannibal That Are Eating Us Up

Edited by mulder42

Loved the season premiere. I couldn't stop laughing during the dinner scene ("Is this that type of party?"), which was interesting because normally the show is very serious.

Can't wait for next week to see who actually survived last season's finale.

• Like 1

Loved the season premiere. I couldn't stop laughing during the dinner scene ("Is this that type of party?"), which was interesting because normally the show is very serious.

Depends on how you watch it.  :P 

First time I took alll seriously, but on rewatch every cannibalistic puns made me laugh out loud. And there is plenty of them. ;)

EDIT:

And whole Chilton character! He was funny as hell, even without those subtitles:

http://fuckyeahhannibalpuns.tumblr.com/post/113244875587/nattah-gudgrrl-good-job-chilton-you-nailed-it

:D

Edited by Charism
  • Like 1

Gillian Anderson in USA Today

Hannibal
"PRIMAVERA"
06/11/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)

WILL GRAHAM SETS OFF ON A SEARCH FOR HANNIBAL LECTER -- With his wounds now healed, Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) heads to Europe eight months after the horrific event that almost took his life, in search of closure with Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen). Following a hunch, Will arrives in Palermo, Italy to find a disturbing gift. Will's arrival draws suspicion from Inspector Rinaldo Pazzi (guest star Fortunato Cerlino), who twenty years earlier pursued a Florentine killer known as "Il Mostro" and, after reading Will's file, believes that Hannibal Lecter and "Il Mostro" are one and the same. Pazzi tries to enlist Will's help in catching Hannibal, but Will warns that he is unsure of where his own allegiance lies.

I usually watch everything with headphones. So thiat crappy edited ADR on this Italian policeman was even more audible, and even more horrible. And his acting was way, way below usuall quality of this show. ... Actually, no it was just plain bad. No decent actors in Italy? Shame. He and his ADR was really putting me out of the episode.

Hannibal
"SECONDO"
06/18/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)

WILL GRAHAM ENCOUNTERS A POSSIBLE ALLY IN HIS SEARCH FOR HANNIBAL LECTER -- Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) continues his search for Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen), making his way to Hannibal's childhood home in Lithuania. Once there he meets the mysterious Chiyoh (Tao Okamoto), former attendant to Hannibal's aunt. Meanwhile, Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) arrives in Italy, hoping to find Will and intervene before tragedy strikes again, and Bedelia (Gillian Anderson) warns Hannibal against unraveling his new life.

Hannibal
"APERITIVO"
06/25/2015 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday)

DR. CHILTON'S RETURN GIVES A GLIMPSE INTO THE EVENTS THAT FOLLOWED HANNIBAL'S BRUTAL ATTACK -- RAÚL ESPARZA, GINA TORRES, JOE ANDERSON AND KATHERINE ISABELLE GUEST STAR -- After surviving a disfiguring gunshot, Dr. Fredrick Chilton (guest star Raúl Esparza, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) is now focused on rallying support to capture Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen), using Will (Hugh Dancy) as bait. Jack (Laurence Fishburne) is distracted by Bella's (guest star Gina Torres, Suits) failing health, but he implores Will to abandon the risky idea of finding Hannibal. Meanwhile, Alana Bloom (Caroline Dhavernas) entertains a different approach, potentially partnering with Mason Verger (guest star Joe Anderson) to utilize his vast resources. Glenn Fleshler also guest stars.