baumer

Oblivion (2013)

81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

"I mean 3 years later his clone shows up ( why 3 years later why not sooner ) and what about the fact that there are at least 50 of them out there I mean what if they all come to claim her ... do they duke it out ? or does she live happily ever after with all of them bukkake style ? "

This doesnot need to be explained. As when Sally was blow up by the nukes by Jack, all the 50 Sky Towers had also been blown up, since the system is connected. Harper 49 is alive because Jack (Harper 50) hided him to a safe palce down the earth. All the others were dead.

"I mean 3 years later his clone shows up ( why 3 years later why not sooner ) and what about the fact that there are at least 50 of them out there I mean what if they all come to claim her ... do they duke it out ? or does she live happily ever after with all of them bukkake style ? "

This doesnot need to be explained. As when Sally was blow up by the nukes by Jack, all the 50 Sky Towers had also been blown up, since the system is connected. Harper 49 is alive because Jack (Harper 50) hided him to a safe palce down the earth. All the others were dead.

Thanks 

If that is the case then the ending is slightly more tolerable but still irritatingly very much a cop out 

I was worried after the terrible opening narration (repeated verbatim later on) and a very clunky first 30-40 minutes. It doesn't always make sense, but I ended up enjoying myself. I was surprised by how much the romantic story clicked for me.

• Like 1

I just finished watching this on blu ray and visually, it's one of the most gorgeous looking films I've ever seen. The landscapes, the effects and just the all round look of the film was fantastic.

I always find Tom Cruise watchable and that's no different here but the film itself was very average to me. It felt like a very familiar sci-fi and it really failed to hold my attention. The first hour or so was very slow and in all honesty I went in expecting it to have more action, when in actuality it was intended to be a character driven film. Unfortunately I didn't find the relationship dynamics to work very well in the film as the female characters were under developed.

A plain jane sci-fi which is redeemed by Cruise and it's incredible visuals.

5/10 

There's no indication any of the other towers were destroyed.

rewatched it on Blu ray and still raelly enjoyed it and even noticed some details I missed before

Only big problems I had

1. Julia was boring. Victoria was more likeable and interesting

2. We should have learned what the TET was and what it was doing. Sorry ambiguity is not my thing

3. I am not quite sure what happened to all the other clones of Jack Harper and Victoria at the end

won't be surprised if I like this more than Elysium

Edited by Robert Muldoon