Crunching the Numbers: Lucky Number Slevin

Those people were wrong I guess, since I thought Lucid 1 was solid, entertaining, a good mix of story and style.

I'll try to go back to that style for the last one then... although LucIIId is definitely not taking place in any dream worlds. :ph34r:

So while you're waiting for me to kick things off after finishing reading, here is how Clue Time will work:

I will pick five films from #25-6 at random. I will let you all know what the Numbers are.

I will give five clues. Each clue will be linked to a REAL LIFE film. From that RL film, you must look at its cast and crew, as either an actor or director from that film is linked to one of the five films. Obviously only main acting roles, not some minor supporting role.

Example: Balls of Steel

This would be a clue for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Michael Bay directed that and he directed Thomas the Tank Engine in Y7, which is the film I am looking for.

Does that make sense?

Okay so it's time to start. I will next to each clue inform you whether it is via the director or a main actor the connection from the Real Life film to the Year 7 film is made.

As always, a correct guess for a film is one point, correctly matching a film with its rank is three points.

Here we go:

The ranks for the first batch of films are: 25, 21, 17, 15, 10.

The Clues:

Film A: Time is Literally Precious (Director)

Film B: This Film's Major Asset Created The Most Infamous Thread Derailment In This Forum's History (Actor)

Film C: For Want of a Moved Suitcase, The Second World War Didn't End That Year (Director)

Film D: The Memorable Thing to Involve Cups Since 2 Girls (Actress)

Film E: Phones and People Are Both Inanimate Objects (Director)

Film A: Among the Hidden - 25

Film B: White Cargo - 21

Film C: Amulet - 15

Film D: A Woman in the Crowd - 17

Film E: 

Edited by riczhang

17 - Amulet (-B-)

I doubt Amulet would be the B-Clue. Numbers said that he'd only be referring to major characters or directors. Fassy's a rock in Amulet. 

Something's telling me White Cargo is Film B...mainly because of how I remember people talking about Michael Fassbender in a Weekend Numbers thread.

"Who doesn't know already that Fassbender's penis is longer than the average Peter Jackson movie?"

I doubt Amulet would be the B-Clue. Numbers said that he'd only be referring to major characters or directors. Fassy's a rock in Amulet. 

You're right. C is for Amulet.

How? 

Erm... The clue refers to Valkyrie movie. The suitcase wasn't moved, Hitler didn't die, the Second World War didn't end. (Bryan Singer directed that)

Clue D refers to Anna Kendrick who sang the cup song in Pitch Perfect (kinda cool since I found out about that song 10 MINUTES AGO, while browsing on youtube, LOL)

Edited by ChFloppit

Erm... The clue refers to Valkyrie movie. The suitcase wasn't moved, Hitler didn't die, the Second World War didn't end. (Bryan Singer directed that)

Oh.... I thought the WW2 didn't end that year was pointing towards a movie that had a year as its title.... :lol: 

And I can't figure out E. I feel like I should know it, but I don't. 

Oh.... I thought the WW2 didn't end that year was pointing towards a movie that had a year as its title.... :lol:

And I can't figure out E. I feel like I should know it, but I don't. 

The most random guess to E is that it's 'Crime Stinks' probably on 25.

I don't know but the people are inanimate immediately reminded me of the sixth sense.

The first to call this, but E is Blank. The director, Martin McDonagh also directed In Bruges, which has this line.

Natalie: [Harry gets angry and is destroying the phone, his wife approach ... It's a inanimate f--king object!

Harry: [to wife] You're an inanimate f--kin' object!

• Like 2