A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend Numbers: Oblvi: 38.1 42: 18 mill (starting pg 10)

Wait, the Hobbit had an A+ cinemascore? I'm not even a hater like that, but no freaking way is that possible. 

Gates of mama`s basements opened and 40something Ringers flocked to cinemas opening night. Don`t think that the rating was averige Joe&Jane Popcorn`s.

Bull. If Under 18 crowd have it A+ how come it totally bombed with Nickleodeon awards and only got one MTV nomination and win that wasn`t even televized? It was overweight basement dwellers, not YA and TA crowd.

All teens and pre-teens need to look themselves in the mirror and ask: Are you the kind of teen that dwells in basements, or the kind that gets movies nominated for Nickelodeon and MTV awards? Your move.

How DOES one get movies nominated for Nick and MTV awards? I thought it was some secret cabal of old, bearded men. It's an online thing, isn't it?

Bull. If Under 18 crowd have it A+ how come it totally bombed with Nickleodeon awards and only got one MTV nomination and win that wasn`t even televized? It was overweight basement dwellers, not YA and TA crowd.

Excuse moi! I'm 5'11'' and weigh 168lbs and live in an upstairs apartment so I take offense to that stereotype. Of course I also gave the movie an A- not an A+, but the point is young people did like the movie (including everyone around my age I know) so A+ CS from under 18 crowd isn't unfathomable.

But I' really know better than to get into a Hobbit argument on the only board online PJ/LOTR has a hate coalition. ;)

All teens and pre-teens need to look themselves in the mirror and ask: Are you the kind of teen that dwells in basements, or the kind that gets movies nominated for Nickelodeon and MTV awards? Your move.

How DOES one get movies nominated for Nick and MTV awards? I thought it was some secret cabal of old, bearded men. It's an online thing, isn't it?

It`s an online thing and very likely pretty damn rigged but considering that LOTR was the original twilight of MTV MA when it was winning for 3 years in a row and TH couldn`t even show Freeman receiving Favorite Hero, it tells you that the movie wasn`t the demo`s thing anymore.  

It`s an online thing and very likely pretty damn rigged but considering that LOTR was the original twilight of MTV MA when it was winning for 3 years in a row and TH couldn`t even show Freeman receiving Favorite Hero, it tells you that the movie wasn`t the demo`s thing anymore.  

Yeah it tells you that today's pre-teens have gone from great taste in my gen, to loving Twilight today. The people like me who were 13 when LOTR was around and into Nickelodeon awards are early to mid 20's now. ;)

Excuse moi! I'm 5'11'' and weigh 168lbs and live in an upstairs apartment so I take offense to that stereotype. Of course I also gave the movie an A-

See, proves my point. If you were big, you`d rate big. But you aren`t so no +.Plus size and A+ CS go hand in hand.

Edited by fishnets

The Hobbit had the most walk outs I've seen in a movie theater behind Movie 43 and Evil Dead. The bunny rabbit sled scene made two of my friends walk out alone.

Lol wow, I remember being Posted Image all the way through The Hobbit, but nothing close enough to make me walk out.

The most people I've ever see walk out of a movie was Clash of the Titans.

Yeah it tells you that today's pre-teens have gone from great taste in my gen, to loving Twilight today. The people like me who were 13 when LOTR was around and into Nickelodeon awards are early to mid 20's now. ;)

The happiest MTV MA moment for me was complete Shitto snub. ADF was melting down like a Snowman in summer when Eowimp vs Wiki bombe dlike Nagasaki because nobody remmebered it after hugely superior swords vs mace scene in Kill Bill Vol. 1 that won that, BA for Uma and villain for Lucy. Sometimes MTV gets it so right.

The most walkouts I've ever seen for a movie was the 2nd time I saw Moonrise Kingdom last year. About a dozen people left, including a large family of 6 or so and 3 other couples. What was amusing is the audience I saw it with the first time adored it and couldn't stop clapping at the end. So that taught me to not take walk outs as very indicative of WOM. It all depends on the audience you get.

When I saw Speed Racer there were enough walk outs to the point where I was the only person left. Seriously.

When I worked at the cinema the biggest ever number of walk-outs w/o return was during Willabeth wedding/carnage scene in AWE. They started to leave after PIRACY = FREEDOM speech but wedding really jumped the shark with the audiences so walk outs became massive. We played that thing for one month only as opposed to DMC that was going strong for 3.5 month.

Edited by fishnets

When I worked at the cinema the biggest ever number of walk-outs w/o return was during Willabeth wedding/carnage scene in AWE. They started to leave after PIRACY = FREEDOM speech but wedding really jumped the shark with the audiences so walk outs became massive. We played that thing for one month only as opposed to DMC that was going strong for 3.5 month.

:rofl:

The movie with more walk outs I witnessed was Tree of Life. Nobody passed past the half break. I was the last one leaving :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah walking out is out of the question for me at a movie. Whoever I'm with can leave if they want, I payed full price, I'm staying full movie.

Exactly. If I ever PAY to see something I'm gonna wanna see it all the way through even if it's pants-shittingly bad. And people who walk out on movies they didn't like and ask for refunds are assholes and I hate them.

• Like 1

:rofl:

The movie with more walk outs I witnessed was Tree of Life. Nobody passed past the half break. I was the last one leaving :lol:

I really wish I saw this movie at the theater just to see the look on people's faces and the walkouts.  I have a friend who saw it at the theater and said he'd never felt such a negative atmosphere at the theater.

It's a real crapshoot what kind of audience you get.

I've walked out of two movies (that I can remember): Transformers 2, although there was probably only five-ten minutes left. The other? The Phantom with Billy Zane. Actually, my grandfather was the one who pulled the plug on that, but I didn't argue with him. I knew it sucked.

I'm much more selective with my ticket purchases nowadays, so I never see anything that's bad enough to walk out on.