Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

80 RUB per USD. I already said that Hobbit is so lucky.

Our main box office tracking site kinometro calcullate box office grosses in USD using opening day exchange rates. 

And it was 54.2758 per USD. So if it will gross 1.8 billion RUB that would be still around 33 mln instead of 22-23 mln by current plunging exchange rates. 

It's not lucky, every dat from now on is -60% incomparison with DoS.

80 RUB per USD. I already said that Hobbit is so lucky.

Our main box office tracking site kinometro calcullate box office grosses in USD using opening day exchange rates. 

And it was 54.2758 per USD. So if it will gross 1.8 billion RUB that would be still around 33 mln instead of 22-23 mln by current plunging exchange rates. 

Ya except I doubt that Hobbit and WB really cares. Everyone saw this coming and WB would be stupid to not have hedged its risk against the Rouble's slide. If they're smart, it would've been hedged when the rouble was in the 40s and if they're not stupid, they would've hedged when the rouble was at 54.2758. This is one of the reasons why many firms have yet to raise their prices because everyone hedges against global currency risk and the only people who are on the losing end are many hedge funds or investors or institutions that guaranteed these hedges. 

I'm actually surprised that Apple raised their prices and now suspended their website. I think that it shows inadequate macroeconomic planning because they should've hedge; however, with that being said, I have no doubt they did but massively underestimated how much they needed, especially with the recent rush to consume in Russia before prices are raised so it was likely not incompetency, but simply not forseeing the scale, which I doubt is pretty significant for Apple seeing how big of a company it is and how much revenue it brings in. 

On Russia Film Market people were mostly dissapointed with Exodus. Boring, too long, not for holidays and so on.

But at the same time they were very excited about Seventh Son. Everyone think it will do huge money here.  

OMG Im very very excited by this!

everyone wrote down the "7th son" here on this forum but I want it to be big! So many amazing actors!

Exodus will be fine imo (in rub obviously) like Ronin last year

On holidays ppl just go see a blockbuster no matter what it is 

Just something epic to celebrate & cheer 

It's not lucky, every dat from now on is -60% incomparison with DoS.

well 10 mil less than DOS is OK actually.  (I still hope for $35mil actually)

But you must agree that 30+ is waaaay better then 20+ (& less than Nolanatic 2D "masterpiece" :angry:  would be absolutely disastrous)

Edited by Lady of Lorien
  • Like 1

What news for Astérix ?

Kinometro predicted 110 mln RUB OW. Around 3 mln with old exchange rates but only 1.6 mln with Thursday official exchange rates. 

Personally, I think they went a bit high. 

Nothing really interesting this week. Hobbit will easily win even with 65% drop. 

74% week to week drop for Hobbit. At least 60% 2nd weekend drop. Will pass billion RUB tomorrow.

928 mln RUB or 17.1 mln USD total with openind day exchange rates

Asterix will finish 2nd, Legend of the Neverbeast 3rd. Weak pre-holiday weekend overall. 

• Like 4

After 2nd Thursday. 8 days for part 3 and 9 days for part one and two. 

An Unexpected Journey  26 mln RUB 2nd Thursday,  691 mln RUB or  $22,46 mln total

The Desolation of Smaug 29 mln RUB 2nd Thursday, 780,6 mln RUB or $23,7 mln total

The Battle of the Five Armies 35 mln RUB 2nd Thursday, 928 mln RUB or $17,1 mln total

• Like 2

After 2nd Thursday. 8 days for part 3 and 9 days for part one and two.

An Unexpected Journey 26 mln RUB 2nd Thursday, 691 mln RUB or $22,46 mln total

The Desolation of Smaug 29 mln RUB 2nd Thursday, 780,6 mln RUB or $23,7 mln total

The Battle of the Five Armies 35 mln RUB 2nd Thursday, 928 mln RUB or $17,1 mln total

Wow. Ahead in admissions but way lower in gross

ppl continue to show good taste yay :D

saw "Loves me / Loves me not" (local comedy) & was pleasantly surprised  :wub: I may check out more local movies in the future if they are less stupid than usual & more pleasant like this one

Edited by Lady of Lorien

Top 5 estimates 

1. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies $4,469,686 - $22,033,956 -58.8% 290 2

2. Legend of the Neverbeast $862,959 1032 1

3. Asterix: The Land of the Gods $781,826 1434 1

4. Penguins of Madagascar $483,313 - $18,404,203 -62.2% 1073 4

5. Vyschislitel (RUS) $442,543 947 1

6. The Devil's Hand $344,674 652 1 

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies dropped less than part 1 and 2 (67.9 and 61.4%)

1196 mln RUB total. 

#23 All-time

Edited by juni78ukr
  • Like 2

Top 5 estimates 

1. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies $4,469,686 - $22,033,956 -58.8% 290 2

2. Legend of the Neverbeast $862,959 1032 1

3. Asterix: The Land of the Gods $781,826 1434 1

4. Penguins of Madagascar $483,313 - $18,404,203 -62.2% 1073 4

5. Vyschislitel (RUS) $442,543 947 1

6. The Devil's Hand $344,674 652 1 

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies dropped less than part 1 and 2 (67.9 and 61.4%)

1196 mln RUB total. 

#23 All-time

Where do you expect to go in dollars? Seems a pretty harsh drop!

Will it pass the previous movies in RUB?