Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JJ-8

Australia
Australian Box Office | GOTG2 in cruise control.... 3.9m ANZAC Day / 6m+ running total | FOTF 23.9m to date

7,762 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Is F8's od 2.6? If Dom bo shows the same drop from F7 to F8 in od as Australia (3.3 to 2.6), the Dom od will be about 53 (probably giving a 115 ow).

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Is F8's od 2.6? If Dom bo shows the same drop from F7 to F8 in od as Australia (3.3 to 2.6), the Dom od will be about 53 (probably giving a 115 ow).

Yes.  The $2.6m for F8 is from Wednesday only.  It did roughly 3 times BatB on Wednesday.

I would think this opening in Australia suggests a best case drop of 15-20% and a worse case of around 30%.

Note that in Australia Friday and Monday are both nationwide public holidays and most schools are out this week.

Edited by DeeCee
1 person likes this

f8 looking be over 10m thu-sun cume  over 12.6

6 people like this

barely drop from F7, beyond fantastic 

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

barely drop from F7, beyond fantastic 

Actually it's off more than u think. The opening is about on par with fast 6. Still good though. 

F7 opened to 14.6m (14.965m cume)

F6 opened 11.1m (11.3m cume)

F8 over 10m (12.6m cume) - as per our asguardian friend....

the big issue here is FOTF only has another 7 days until GOTG 2 opens (it opens on Monday 24th April here)

2 people like this

4 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

Actually it's off more than u think. The opening is about on par with fast 6. Still good though. 

F7 opened to 14.6m (14.965m cume)

F6 opened 11.1m (11.3m cume)

F8 over 10m (12.6m cume) - as per our asguardian friend....

the big issue here is FOTF only has another 7 days until GOTG 2 opens (it opens on Monday 24th April here)

Yes. 7 and 8 both opened over Easter with similar competition although 8 opened in full on the Wednesday. 

All things being equal I'd say it's a 25% drop. 

1 person likes this

The level of customer service has gone downhill since this time last year at Event Cinemas.  On the 21st April last year they invited me to an advanced screening of Civil War. 

On April 4 I made an online enquiry about an issue I have. I've since made a follow up enquiry, emailed them and even tweeted them. Still no reply. 

Are GV2 presales looking good?

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Olive said:

Are GV2 presales looking good?

They seem good. It's not something I've ever kept an accurate track of and it's an unusual opening here. 

At this stage I'll take a stab and say the following. (AUD)

Monday evening-$1.5m

Tuesday (ANZAC Day)-$4m+

Wed-Fri-$5.5m

Sat/Sun-$5m

I may do further research. 

1 person likes this

Honestly, I have no idea. The above would more then double the opening week of the first one. 

The bare minimum Monday evening to Sunday should be AUD12m. 

1 person likes this

I think comparisons to domestic for this are gonna be all out of wack because of the weird release date. Should be interesting to follow though.

It will be interesting to see how close it gets to the $6,003,882 ANZAC Day opening day of The Avengers in 2012.

1 person likes this

Still no response. 

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Still no response. 

What's this about?

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, lab276 said:

What's this about?

I thought Event Cinemas had offered me a 1 off $10 regular movie ticket(normally up to $21) or $14 VMAX(normally up to $25) that I could use by the end of May. However, I've used it twice now and it's still be offered when I start the booking process. 

I hope it's not a glitch. 

Edited by DeeCee

Every time I used it the type of ticket was listed as this. 

1 x Cinebuzz Anniversary - $10 Offer(expires 30/05/2017)

I used it 19 times up until the end of March when it disappeared as an option. 

Even if they stuffed up you'd think they would realise after the 3rd or 4th time. Then, when they do notice you'd think they would send some kind of email. 

That's about it for Fast8.

1 person likes this

After 20 days I finally had a reply from Event Cinemas.  It's as I suspected. They stuffed up and it was only supposed to be a one time $10 offer. Well, I got an extra 18 uses out of it which means I saved about $200 and earned an extra 1200+ reward points(2 free movies)

"In relations to the Cinebuzz Anniversary ($10) ticket offer is a one time redemption offer, we made a fault on the set up and forgot to set the ticket type to 1x redemption, now that this has been fixed if you no longer see this it is because you have already redeemed it."

1 person likes this