Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : GOTG2 12.10M | FF8: 0.85M | HTBLL:0.58M

Looks like folks here are predicting 240-250 cume with a 2nd weekend of 55-65.

So looking at the middle and giving 2x of 2nd weekend to rest of the run,

245 + 60*2 = 365 feels like a safe bet for Dom.

After the strong Tuesday increase, I have to imagine Guardians is falling at least 32-35% on Wednesday to about $7.9 to 8.2 million. (Anything stronger than this would genuinely surprise me.)

I'll guess about $8 million. If it makes $8 million Wednesday, and then with a 10% drop on Thursday, my weekend calculations bring it to ~$64 million for its second weekend (a 56% drop). That sounds about right. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I'm going to be a little bit optimistic and say that Guardians does 8.7 for Wednesday.

$8.7 million (-30%)

$8.4 million (-5%)

$18.8 million (+130%)

$29.4 million (+60%)

$22.1 million (-25%)

$70.2 million 2nd weekend (-52% drop), $255.8 million 10-day total - could be lowballing the Sunday hold or Friday bump.

Since Alien appears to be a hard-R action film and Pirates will likely share double-features with GotG Vol. 2, its following two weekends could have solid holds. Perhaps POTC2 is a more accurate comparison than Civil War or Avengers 2.

The Tuesday increases for the rest of movies were huge and I am feeling that we will see drops in the 35-40% range. I am going to be conservative and expect something around 7.5M

Still a solid number. Over SM3 (6.7M) or Iron Man 2 (6.9M)