Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : GOTG2 12.10M | FF8: 0.85M | HTBLL:0.58M

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

Or Very close to it.

So I'm going 350/450=800w,not much of a bump from the first Gotg but atleast it's a bump.

Yep, 800M is good for the Guardian ^^ 

Vol. 3 will have a chance to pass 1 billion 

Or Very close to it.

So I'm going 350/450=800w,not much of a bump from the first Gotg but atleast it's a bump.

The exchange rates killed it OS. In Australia and the UK, it will end on par or slightly below the first movie in dollars despite earning more in local currency. In China, it somehow didn't catch fire with audiences and might end just below the first movie as well. China needed to blow up big to compensate for the exchange rate loss which didn't happen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

Or Very close to it.

It would have been a bigger bump but the exchang rates in a lot of international markets are worse than they were in 14.

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

It would have been a bigger bump but the exchang rates in a lot of international markets are worse than they were in 14.

I'm not to concern with exchange rates because they don't seem to be factored in for other films (sorry if That triggers anyone).

• Like 1

I'm not to concern with exchange rates because they don't seem to be factored in for other films (sorry if That triggers anyone).

And what other films are we talking about here?

That's true as well. The exchange rate argument does cut both ways. When a movie people want to pile on is affected, the exchange rate is never brought up, but for other movies everyone goes full defensive.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

But if you are comparing Guardians of the Galaxy part 2 with Guardians of the Galaxy part one you have to take the exchange rates in the consideration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

But if you are comparing Guardians of the Galaxy part 2 with Guardians of the Galaxy part one you have to take the exchange rates in the consideration.

No we are not gonna take Exchange rates into consideration.

We have Two films that made a billion this year, The exchange rate argument is flawed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's true as well. The exchange rate argument does cut both ways. When a movie people want to pile on is affected, the exchange rate is never brought up, but for other movies everyone goes full defensive.

And then there is inflation. From just three years ago, GotG1 already adjusts up to $364M.

2 minutes ago, daisyspring8 said:

I think Disney will double feature it with POTC5 again to make 500m. And they are releasing Blu-ray soon in June.

I think it will get to $500M before the Blu-ray release in June (has this been confirmed?). Still, the early home release will probably take at least $2 million from its run that it could have made over the summer. I guess as long as it breaks $500M, it won't really matter to Disney.

6 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

No we are not gonna take Exchange rates into consideration.

We have Two films that made a billion this year, The exchange rate argument is flawed.

FF8 could make much more than 1.2 billion if with the same exchange rate in 2015. Now it's not likely to beat BATB WW.

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I think it will get to $500M before the Blu-ray release in June (has this been confirmed?). Still, the early home release will probably take at least $2 million from its run that it could have made over the summer. I guess as long as it breaks $500M, it won't really matter to Disney.

I found the Blu-ray release date Jun 6, 2017 on bestbuy.ca...