baumer

Jurassic Park III

31 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Also someone please shut Tea Leoni the fuck up. 

And The Spinosuarous runs through a 40ft tall giant fence but cant break into a little shack?

A kid watching Barney intercutting with our Climax?

You mean Dr. Grant couldn't close the deal with Ellie? 

Lets make the whole movie happen in the day time and make all the dinosaurs more colorful so the CGI can look 5 times worse.

Lets all search for a satellite phone in a dinosaurs poop. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry guys but as someone who's favorite movie of all time is Jurassic Park, JP3 is the saddest, most disappointing movie I have ever seen to this day. And it hurts when you praise it in anyway. 

First off, saying JP3 is the saddest most disappointing movie you have ever seen implies that you weren't already let down by Lost World.

Second, who is praising JP3?  I'm saying it's better than Lost World, which is a shit fest.  Hardly praise.

I was going to list everything bad about JP3. However, Jay already did, so I will just say that I agree with everything he said 100%.

I just don't see how anyone can say JP3 is better than TLW. If you like it more, fine, but it isn't a better movie.

• Like 1

People say JP3 is just a fun quick action movie.... It has LESS set pieces and WORSE set pieces than TLW.

The RV scene alone is its own 12 minute fanatically directed sequence. Plus Raptors in the high grass, T-rex waterfall chase and love it or hate it the movie is "over" if you will at 1 hour 45 mins but we get the T-rex in SD scene which is 10 more minutes of fun dino rampage. The credits start to roll 84minutes in JP3 what a disgrace.

TLW has amazing shots through out the whole film, there are 2 good shots in the whole 3rd film. The music in TLW is also another A+++++++++ John Williams score.

OK so a black girl is his daughter and kicks a raptor.... Its 3 seconds of screen time It doesnt bother me at all I just go on with the movie. Yet somehow a boy the same age lives on an island with Raptors and collects Trex pee for 8 WEEKS. Yeah the black girl kicked a raptor so cheesy. I hate that used as a negive. Thats a gripe, a grown, every movie has one of those but they never make or break a picture. 

I'd bet 100 bucks if you watched them back to back with an open mind you would like TLW. I honestly from the deepest part of my soul think liking JP3 over TLW means your crazy. If you broke down a film into 10 categories It would be impossible for JP3 to win. 

I've told this story before in real life but that scene was the end of my childhood as it relates to how I enjoy movies.  Before Lost World and that scene in particular, I was very very forgiving and blind to plot holes, cheesy dialogue, bad acting, etc before Lost World.  I liked every movie I saw with innocent childlike wonder.  

I was in my teens when The Lost World came out and during the scene when the daughter did her flips off of coincidentally placed wooden beamsand kicked the velocirapter I thought that was very, very cool.   A second after that scene was over a lady in the audience laughed out loud and kinda shook her head at the awfulness of that scene and something clicked in me.  I saw that same sequence in a different light after that.  Yes, it WAS goofy.  You mean to tell me that a young gymnast just happens to get a chance to use her skills to beat up a raptor...and those wooden beams just happened to be in the right spots to make it happen??  This cynicism and skepticism and raised expectations I didn't have before.  From then until now, I see movies with a more critical eye.  I still very much enjoy watching them but they have to do a little more now than before to impress me.

• Like 1

First off, saying JP3 is the saddest most disappointing movie you have ever seen implies that you weren't already let down by Lost World.

Second, who is praising JP3?  I'm saying it's better than Lost World, which is a shit fest.  Hardly praise.

I just don't understand how a movie with more action, more dinosaurs, better music, better cinematography, better acting, a story actually connected to its predecessor can be worse. 

Everytime I hear people complain about TLW its always the same 2 or 3 things nothing more. As shown we can go on and on about the flaws in JP3. 

I saw JP3 opening day at 8 years old and even then I was disappointed. 

• Like 3

I just don't understand how a movie with more action, more (of the same)dinosaurs, better music, better cinematography, better acting, a story actually connected to its predecessor can be worse. 

I can take a dump in a box and spray it with enough air freshener to make it smell like cinnamon.  That doesn't mean it isn't still a box of shit.

Everytime I hear people complain about TLW its always the same 2 or 3 things nothing more. As shown we can go on and on about the flaws in JP3. 

You can go on and on and on about it, I don't care either way.  I think they are both quantifiably bad movies.  The difference to me is that JP3 doesn't have any qualms about it.  It just should have been even more bananas! 

I saw JP3 opening day at 8 years old and even then I was disappointed. 

You guys just keep saying its better with out even naming a single reason why. 

Because I don't feel like it's worth it! 

I don't know what you rate The Lost World on your crazy scale, but something is telling me you don't LOVE IT.  You are just defending it as better than JP3.  

But here you go.

1. JP3 is shorter.  I know you think that is a mark against it, but it's definitely a plus.  It gets in and gets out and it doesn't waste too much of your time.

2. JP3 doesn't take itself too serious.  

3. Both movies only have one real standout set piece.  The RV/T Rex attack in TLW and the pteranodon sequence in JP3.  So they are equal in that sense.

4. The raptors are not easily defeated by a child doing gymnastics, they are ludicrously intelligent instead

5. The raptor dream sequence

I guess that's about it?

Because I don't feel like it's worth it! 

I don't know what you rate The Lost World on your crazy scale, but something is telling me you don't LOVE IT.  You are just defending it as better than JP3.  

But here you go.

1. JP3 is shorter.  I know you think that is a mark against it, but it's definitely a plus.  It gets in and gets out and it doesn't waste too much of your time.

2. JP3 doesn't take itself too serious.  

3. Both movies only have one real standout set piece.  The RV/T Rex attack in TLW and the pteranodon sequence in JP3.  So they are equal in that sense.

4. The raptors are not easily defeated by a child doing gymnastics, they are ludicrously intelligent instead

5. The raptor dream sequence

I guess that's about it?

The raptor dream scene is in JP3

:ohmygod:

What? Why? How? :mellow:

It's a completely off the wall, out of nowhere moment and it's one of the most memorable moments of the movie.

At this point we've seen two Jurassic Park movies and the second one is such a step down from the first that they needed to go crazy with the third one. Unfortunately, they didn't go crazy enough.

That's why I wanted that script with the mercenary raptors having guns or whatever. That sounded AMAZING!

It's a completely off the wall, out of nowhere moment and it's one of the most memorable moments of the movie.

At this point we've seen two Jurassic Park movies and the second one is such a step down from the first that they needed to go crazy with the third one. Unfortunately, they didn't go crazy enough.

That's why I wanted that script with the mercenary raptors having guns or whatever. That sounded AMAZING!

<_<

• Like 2