baumer

Public Enemies (2009)

10 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Overall, a enjoyable movie. Although some scenes felt repeated, and I hated Bale's performances, this is a good movie to watch with a friend. Nothing for awards, nothing for money - just a normal movie. Didn't like the ending - I mean Depp's character was always the one prepared and he got screwed at the end by the people he least expected. I thought there would be some trick to make him escape with his love.

The end 'Goodbye Black Bird' was pretty heart breaking. A big plus to the score.

B-

• Like 1

Does anyone know the soundtrack that is playing near the end? After that agent tells her that he said 'Goodbye Blackbird'? I can't seem to find it anywhere and it's stuck in my head.

Coming home from the movie and reading the Wikipedia entry on Dillinger was more entertaining. Total waste of Johnny Depp not being quirky and a strong performance from Marion Cotillard.

Depp is better when he is not channeling Jack Sparrow's wackiness.