Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

Guys are a bunch of box office newbies.

By Sunday evening a lot of you are going to go okay "What? " 

I thought it was heading for a 70% drop.

Look Spider Man 3 had far far far worse weekday drops so far and it fell 62% max.

So thats pretty much the max drop for IM3 now. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Guys are a bunch of box office newbies.

By Sunday evening a lot of you are going to go okay "What? " 

Them mewling quims don't know what they're talking about, right?  :P

• Like 1

Why divided? TA vs. TDKR?

I don't think it's that simple. Past years were just more fun. People made super bold predictions which made the box office watching more fun.

• Like 1

I don't think it's that simple. Past years were just more fun. People made super bold predictions which made the box office watching more fun.

I see, predictions are quite...predictable this year. Lat year, there were more bold predictions which lead to big shock and surprises then.

IM3 winning overseas, and most likely WW this year is a surprise for me though.

same ^

Should finish with a min of 390 million with that and likley more. 

I think people forget even with the insane competition over Memorial Day IM3 should drop around 35-40% at most and likely near 35% over the 4-day.So 50% next weekend of 35 million and  20-23  million 4-day. 

Should be around 365 + million after Memorial day at least... 

I see, predictions are quite...predictable this year. Lat year, there were more bold predictions which lead to big shock and surprises then.

IM3 winning overseas, and most likely WW this year is a surprise for me though.

Not many had THG's OW on the radar either. That glorious run got overshadowed somewhat by the Avengers.

Not to mention the epic fail of JC at the box office. JC jokes for days.

• Like 3

All signs point to Gatsby at least matching Robin Hood—Fandango reports that the movie is accounting for a whopping 65 percent of ticket sales right now, which is impressive considering Iron Man 3's dominance—and 3D ticket prices should help the movie get to around $40 million.-BOM

Not many had THG's OW on the radar either. That glorious run got overshadowed somewhat by the Avengers.

Not to mention the epic fail of JC at the box office. JC jokes for days.

Yeah last year was such a fun BO year. Doubt we'll have that many highs and lows again until 2015

• Like 1

Yeah last year was such a fun BO year. Doubt we'll have that many highs and lows again until 2015

Such epic threads like THG under Percy Jackson (whatever). John Carter #3 worldwide , Avengers lock for OW record 200m. TDKR under Taken 2, TDKR 2OOm opening weekend (started on Mojo I believe)

• Like 1

The average predict in Baumer's game was something like $395.

Right now there's a really good chance that IM3 will land somewhere in the 380-410 range, putting it pretty much exactly on target for what people were expecting.

• Like 1

Such epic threads like THG under Percy Jackson (whatever). John Carter #3 worldwide , Avengers lock for OW record 200m. TDKR under Taken 2, TDKR 2OOm opening weekend (started on Mojo I believe)

Are there any good "Pacific Rim #3 worldwide" threads floating around?

The average predict in Baumer's game was something like $395.

Right now there's a really good chance that IM3 will land somewhere in the 380-410 range, putting it pretty much exactly on target for what people were expecting.

I think the expectations were met domestically but it did better then all expectations overseas. 

• Like 3

I think the expectations were met domestically but it did better then all expectations overseas. 

True, 1B was seriously in doubt. Druv and a few believed in it though, gotta give it to them. But they mostly had it barely passed 1B, now it will gross at least 100M over 1B.

still on track for 1.2 billion actually ^

Can't see it falling past 800 million overseas as it appears ST 2 will not be a big threat overseas apart in the UK and such... Pretty open till Fast Six/Hangover 3 combo 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1