#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

So..urr, anyone for 450m?  :ph34r:

Regardless of what IM3 does on Sunday, the weekday numbers will be dropping quite a bit, just like last week. Especially since STID is going to pop up midweek.

So I think you'll be disappointed if you expect such a large number.

Regardless of what IM3 does on Sunday, the weekday numbers will be dropping quite a bit, just like last week. Especially since STID is going to pop up midweek.

So I think you'll be disappointed if you expect such a large number.

Tbh, I'm happy with anything over 400m. But now that we've established this is acting like a family film, even with STiD next week, it'll probably still manage some big weekend increases. And then with Memorial weekend after, it's going to get  a big boost. DMC is the target right now I'd say.

gifs are perfect but I have a hard time finding some.

I basically save the links of every gifs I saw online that can be used for future purposes :lol: Sometimes I actively search for them too. It's a big problem of mine :lol:
  • Like 1

Yeah for the movies that you hate and apparently you hate a lot of movies, especially summer ones ;)I'll sit back and enjoy the meltdowns as they come. They are damn funny.

I do feel bad for original movies that bomb. 

Bomb/disappoints are great for the big movies. I am glad the hobbit disapointed on the domestic front even though I like LotR films. When big franchises disappoint it slows down the franchise films and make sure quality happens.

All we now Marvel could start release 4-5 movies a year not caring about the quality.  

I agree with this actually. I'm expecting Star Trek, Man of Steel, and Monsters to be the best of the blockbusters, but I don't know if any of them will be better than B+'s. Maybe Monsters if it's Pixar back on their top game.

The timing will hinder its run for sure....taken in sandwish between IM3+Gatsby and FF6+ HGIII is the worst place of the month.

It won't have enough time to breath and may slow down prematurally with its steam cut down by a double threat (FF6+HGIII).  After that, come another sci fi, AE and i think people underestimate the lethal potential of that movie.

so, Gatsby has a strong chance at making #3 all-time on this list:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/opennot1.htm

Biggest opening weekends not at #1.

While IM3 has a good shot at making either #2 or #4 on this list:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/moreweekends.htm?page=2&p=.htm

Biggest second weekends of all time.

What an incredible weekend this would be.

• Like 1

:cheekkiss:

You also like Ben Whishaw He should do a Marvel movie so he can get more money. He deserve to be paid a lot for all the movies he is in.

LOL they don't even want to pay Thor a lot of money and he got his own movie. And wasn't he in Skyfall? He should have gotten a nice little paycheck for that.

The timing will hinder its run for sure....taken in sandwish between IM3+Gatsby and FF6+ HGIII is the worst place of the month.

It won't have enough time to breath and may slow down prematurally with its steam cut down by a double threat (FF6+HGIII).  After that, come another sci fi, AE and i think people underestimate the lethal potential of that movie.

M. Night will insure bad word of mouth so it might have a big OW put after that

Posted Image

• Like 1

so, Gatsby has a strong chance at making #3 all-time on this list:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/opennot1.htm

Biggest opening weekends not at #1.

While IM3 has a good shot at making either #2 or #4 on this list:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/moreweekends.htm?page=2&p=.htm

Biggest second weekends of all time.

What an incredible weekend this would be.

What beat the Day After Tomorrow on its OW?