Impact

Best Screenplay-2013 (Original and Adapted)

I don't think I've predicted these characters yet...

O:

American Hustle

Blue Jasmine

Fruitvale Station

Inside Llewyn Davis

Nebraska

A:

Before Midnight

Captain Phillips

Philomena

12 Years A Slave

Wolf of Wall Street

adapted I still think looks good but I'd swap out Fruitvale for Her in original.

Original Screenplay:American HustleGravityHerInside Llewyen DavisSaving Mr. BanksAlt: NebraskaAdapted Screenplay:12 Years a SlaveBefore MidnightCaptain PhilipsLone SurvivorWolf of Wall StreetAlt: August Osage County

Scripter award noms

"Captain Phillips": Billy Ray, screenwriter; Richard Phillips with Stephan Talty, authors of "A Captain's Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea."

"Philomena": Steve Coogan and Jeff Pope, screenwriters; Martin Sixsmith, author of "The Lost Child of Philomena Lee."

"The Spectacular Now": Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, screenwriters; Tim Tharp, author of the novel of the same name.

"12 Years a Slave": John Ridley, screenwriter; Solomon Northup, author of "Twelve Years a Slave."

"What Maisie Knew": Carroll Cartwright and Nancy Doyne, screenwriters, who adapted the novel by Henry James.

awwww Philomena & Maisie  :wub:

Her won both the globe and the critic's choice award here. I'm wondering if it can pull off an upset at the Oscars.

I'd actually say that AH winning would be an upset. Even if Her loses WGA, the precedent is that it still wins the Oscar. (See: Good Will Hunting) 

But on the other hand, AH should also by precedent win Screenplay because the SAG ensemble winner has always won at least one above the line award, and if AH doesn't win screenplay, it isn't winning anything else.