MovieGuyKyle17

NBC Fall/Midseason Schedule (Revolution to Wednesdays, Parenthood to Thurs., Parks vs. Big Bang)

Just released NBC's Schedule

NBC FALL 2013-14 SCHEDULE(New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY8-10 p.m. – “The Voice”10-11 p.m. – “THE BLACKLIST”

TUESDAY8-9 p.m. – “The Biggest Loser” (New Day and Time)9-10 p.m. – “The Voice” (New time)10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire” (New Day and Time)

WEDNESDAY8-9 p.m. – “Revolution” (New Day and Time)9-10 p.m. – ”Law & Order: SVU”10-11 p.m. – “IRONSIDE”

THURSDAY8-8:30 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation” (New time)8:30-9 p.m. – “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY”9-9:30 p.m. – “SEAN SAVES THE WORLD”9:30-10 p.m. – “THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW”10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood” (New Day and Time)

FRIDAY8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”10-11 p.m. – “DRACULA”

SATURDAYEncore programming

SUNDAY7:00-8:15 p.m. – “Football Night in America”8:15-11:30 p.m. – “NBC Sunday Night Football”

NBC MIDSEASON 2013-14 SCHEDULE(New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY8-10 p.m. – “The Voice”10-11 p.m. – “THE BLACKLIST”

TUESDAY8-9 p.m. – “The Voice”9-9:30 p.m. – “ABOUT A BOY”9:30-10 p.m. – “THE FAMILY GUIDE”10-11 p.m. – “Chicago Fire”

WEDNESDAY8-9 p.m. – “Revolution”9-10 p.m. – ”Law & Order: SVU”10-11 p.m. – “IRONSIDE”

THURSDAY8-8:30 p.m. – “Parks and Recreation”8:30-9 p.m. – “WELCOME TO THE FAMILY”9-9:30 p.m. – “SEAN SAVES THE WORLD”9:30-10 p.m. – “THE MICHAEL J. FOX SHOW”10-11 p.m. – “Parenthood”

FRIDAY8-9 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”9-10 p.m. – “Grimm”10-11 p.m. – “CROSSBONES”

SATURDAY8-10 p.m. – Encore and specials programming10-11 p.m. – “Saturday Night Live” (Encore)

SUNDAY7-8 p.m. – “Dateline NBC”8-9 p.m. – “AMERICAN DREAM BUILDERS”9-10 p.m. – “BELIEVE”10-11 p.m. – “CRISIS”

I like that Parenthood is finally moving to a more family night but I wish it was earlier. I'm scared for Parks and Rec. Surprised that Michael J. Fox is not at 9pm.Thoughts on the schedule?

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum

^^^ Well For Parenthood, it is against declining CSI on CBS, unless that is moved....but the bigger question is, how will Michael J Fox show be as a lead-in at 930???

Also is Revolution being sacrificed at Wed 8? Is that up against Idol???

Edited by CHECKMATE

^^^ Well For Parenthood, it is against declining CSI on CBS, unless that is moved....but the bigger question is, how will Michael J Fox show be as a lead-in at 930???

Also is Revolution being sacrificed at Wed 8? Is that up against Idol???

It will be against X-Factor from September to December then against Idol in January.  Either way, both shows are declining and will barely be making an impact next year.

• Community Manager

I like MJF, but this looks terrible and two shows I won't be watching either.

The problem with a lot of comedies is that they can start out terrible (Parks and Recreation, The Neighbors) but then improve as the writers figure out what's funny.

Not a lot of faith in MJF if they're putting him at 9:30. I would at least expect him to launch the hour over that horrid-looking Sean Saves the World show. 

Looks like Parenthood and Parks & Rec are the only good NBC shows left. That is, unless Harmon returns to Community, which I give a 0.2% chance of happening. 

• Community Manager

Not a lot of faith in MJF if they're putting him at 9:30. I would at least expect him to launch the hour over that horrid-looking Sean Saves the World show. 

Looks like Parenthood and Parks & Rec are the only good NBC shows left. That is, unless Harmon returns to Community, which I give a 0.2% chance of happening. 

Not necessarily. NBC thinks that CBS plans to move the Big Bang Theory to 9:00 (expanding the Eye's Thursday night comedy block to accommodate all of their comedy pick-ups makes sense) and NBC is hoping to basically relaunch their comedy block-meaning it's not wise to put their "flagship" against a monster hit that would surely trample it.

And if they're wrong and Big Bang stays at 8:00? Parks and Recreation, their aging show that doesn't get a lot of viewers, will take the blunt of the damage.

• Like 1

Ahh. Gotcha. 

It's interesting that they've finally given up on the 10PM hour on Thursdays and put the show that pulls their most reliable numbers there. It's also interesting that this will be the third season Community is acting as a failsafe for when the new shows bomb. It's the most interesting that NBC is saving a lot of their material to launch with the Winter Olympics when all of the shows they launched with the Summer Olympics (save Revolution) are dead now.