A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

Lordy, I can't at this May 6-June 17 2016 schedule:

Batman vs Superman/Captain America 3 (May 6), Alice In Wonderland 2/X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27), Amazing Spider-Man 3 (June 10), How to Train Your Dragon 3/Finding Dory (June 17).

Even assuming those all get more spread out in that timeframe, there's still bound to be the biggest Blockbuster overload in history if nothing completely vacates the summer.

Posted Image

Lordy, I can't at this May 6-June 17 2016 schedule:

Batman vs Superman/Captain America 3 (May 6), Alice In Wonderland 2/X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27), Amazing Spider-Man 3 (June 10), How to Train Your Dragon 3/Finding Dory (June 17).

Even assuming those all get more spread out in that timeframe, there's still bound to be the biggest Blockbuster overload in history if nothing completely vacates the summer.

Posted Image

Everyone was saying the same for 2015...

• Like 1

But then almost everything did vacate that summer. But they can't keep pushing stuff back. Eventually all these huge movies are gonna have to compete with each other.

They can cancel some of them... Plus, spots outside of summer are becoming more viable now, they'll work something out.

And sure, there will be some casualties along the way, but many different factors come to play there, not just the release date :)

I expect either Alice 2 or X-Men to move to May 20th, May 13th is still empty as well. 

November 11th I expect will be filled soonish, I think Star Trek 3 should be released in November in order to capitalise on the publicity of the 50th anniversary.

November 11th I expect will be filled soonish, I think Star Trek 3 should be released in November in order to capitalise on the publicity of the 50th anniversary.

It did seem to help Bond a lot, though I still think Skyfall song being a hit was one of the biggest reasons for outstanding legs. A hit song is a daily ad for any movie for months

It did seem to help Bond a lot, though I still think Skyfall song being a hit was one of the biggest reasons for outstanding legs. A hit song is a daily ad for any movie for months

Anniversaries are free publicity, you'll have the likes of Leonard Nimoy, Shatner, Patrick Stewart etc on the talk show circuit talking about their Star Trek memories and then casually mention there is a new Star Trek movie coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Paramount and CBS launch a full scale campaign in 2016 as the year of Star Trek not just with the third film but documentaries, books, a TV special to name but a few.

Sorry, but what's the name of the current Power Rangers show?

Power Rangers: Super Megaforce. It's the anniversary season for the 20th anniversary of Power Rangers and is using it's footage from Gokaiger (The 35th anniversary for Super Sentai). I guess Lionsgate Power Rangers movie will happen after The Hunger Games is over. I bet they got the rights to Power Rangers since Lionsgate needs a new movie franchise. The Hunger Games is almost done, Saw and Hostel have been dead for years. The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie failed to start a new franchise.

• Like 1

Is it really a reboot when there was only ONE film. 

The term reboot is being used too liberally.

Did anyone call 12:10 to Yuma's remake A reboot? True Grit?

Ok, how about Denzel in Manchurin Candidate? No they didn't.

Total Recall wasn't a reboot, it was a remake. 

Not sure when the industry lost sight of the difference between the two. 

Is it really a reboot when there was only ONE film. 

The term reboot is being used too liberally.

Did anyone call 12:10 to Yuma's remake A reboot? True Grit?

Ok, how about Denzel in Manchurin Candidate? No they didn't.

Total Recall wasn't a reboot, it was a remake. 

Not sure when the industry lost sight of the difference between the two. 

reboot, remake, same thing, out of ideas...

What new release date predictions will be made next? My guesses would be:

G.I Joe 3 - April 14, 2017

Godzilla 2 - May 26, 2017

Transformers 5 - July 4th, 2017 (For the series 10th anniversary)

JLA - July 21, 2017

Lionsgate Power Ranger's reboot - August 8th, 2017

Star Wars Episode 8 - December 15th, 2017 or May 4th, 2018

I can see The Lego Movie sequel getting move to a new date and The Fantastic Four 2 may not even happen.

• Like 1

What new release date predictions will be made next? My guesses would be:

G.I Joe 3 - April 14, 2017

Godzilla 2 - May 26, 2017

Transformers 5 - July 4th, 2017 (For the series 10th anniversary)

JLA - July 21, 2017

Lionsgate Power Ranger's reboot - August 8th, 2017

Star Wars Episode 8 - December 15th, 2017 or May 4th, 2018

I can see The Lego Movie sequel getting move to a new date and The Fantastic Four 2 may not even happen.

I have my doubts about FF happening

• Like 1