A Marvel Fanboy

2016 Discussion Thread (Gremlins/Goonies In the Works)

MY PROJECTED SUMMER 2016 SCHEDULE

June 3: Prometheus 2

June 10: The Amazing Spider-Man 3

June 17: Finding Dory

June 17: How to Train Your Dragon 3

June 24: Transformers 5

PROMETHEUS 2 announced already?

Well, I hope the Team writes a better script

this time..

At one point 2015 (Summer) looked like the biggest ever, but with some moves not anymore. Summer 2015 already lost POTCV, about to lose ID4-2 and lost another 2015 movie in Dory. Summer 2016 has Dory, POTCV, ID4-2 (good chance), HtTyD3, an unconfirmed ST3, 2 unknown animated movies, one which is Angry Birds. SW spinoff (VII gets released in 2015), DCU, TASM3, Fast 8 (2 years from Fast 7) and 2 Marvel movies, one which likely will be Thor 3 or IM4. Summer 2015 has AoU, BvS and VII (signs point to it). Big movies no doubt, but with the loss of DMTNT and ID4-2 to 2016 could take the title and with Avatar 2 its all but a lock for the year. Also maybe a TF5 for Summer 2016.

At one point 2015 (Summer) looked like the biggest ever, but with some moves not anymore. Summer 2015 already lost POTCV, about to lose ID4-2 and lost another 2015 movie in Dory. Summer 2016 has Dory, POTCV, ID4-2 (good chance), HtTyD3, an unconfirmed ST3, 2 unknown animated movies, one which is Angry Birds. SW spinoff (VII gets released in 2015), DCU, TASM3, Fast 8 (2 years from Fast 7) and 2 Marvel movies, one which likely will be Thor 3 or IM4. Summer 2015 has AoU, BvS and VII (signs point to it). Big movies no doubt, but with the loss of DMTNT and ID4-2 to 2016 could take the title and with Avatar 2 its all but a lock for the year. Also maybe a TF5 for Summer 2016.

Don't forget Warner Bros might have a DC film for 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a live action tentpole like Star Trek 3, Star Wars spin-off or the DC film scheduled for November 2016 and at a push December 2016. Wonder if Inferno will stay put in December 2015 now that Universal and Legendary have scheduled Warcraft on the same day, I think it will but move a week forward to December 11th or Christmas Day

Don't forget Warner Bros might have a DC film for 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a live action tentpole like Star Trek 3, Star Wars spin-off or the DC film scheduled for November 2016 and at a push December 2016. Wonder if Inferno will stay put in December 2015 now that Universal and Legendary have scheduled Warcraft on the same day, I think it will but move a week forward to December 11th or Christmas Day

DC = DCU, maybe should have been DCCU. December 2016 is Avatar 2.

DC = DCU, maybe should have been DCCU. December 2016 is Avatar 2.

Didn't see that. As Sherlock Holmes and Alvin 2 proved, you can make serious coin even against Avatar and many films in December have seen spillover from a tentpole release e.g Tomorrow Never Dies did very well even though it was up against Titanic so I wouldn't put it past a studio scheduling one of their films the week after Avatar and still making $150-200m total.

I don't think anyone needs to worry. I doubt Warner Brothers will make a DC movie in 2016.

Should move TASM3 to July 1 and Angry Birds to June 10, so then an origins DC movie can go the 10th.

Problem is, is that WB has no movie lined up currently, actor or no actor. They did announce a Flash movie, but they've announced that several times in the past.

I can't see a dc adaption being ready by then.

Edited by Fancyarcher