baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

Marvel can't give these guys free reign- they need to tie all of these stories back into the MCU somehow. But Avengers is unmistakably a Joss Whedon movie and IM3 is unmistakably a Shane Black movie. Their approaches to story and characters shine in both films. I guess I'm just a bigger fan of what Marvel Studios is doing than you are, Leatherface. And that's totally okay!

• Like 2

Dude the assumption thar all superhero films need to be dark to be good is false. Everyone DOES NOT needs a super hero film to be dark.TA made this evidently clear last year

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Iron Man is another in Marvel's bland assembly line of crap from no name directors. Shane Black is a decent writer but not exactly known for directing. And look who they have directing Captain America 2: two directors who know nothing about directing action sequences or big budget filmmaking in general. They pick directors who have no clout so they can push them around and focus group their movies into blandness.

You seem like a pretty positive and engaging individual.

• Like 2

Dude the assumption thar all superhero films need to be dark to be good is false. Everyone DOES NOT needs a super hero film to be dark.TA made this evidently clear last year

Hiring Joss Whedon is clearly proven to be a disaster for Marvel, especially when he made TA his own movie. Such epic fail.

To each his own, pal. While I enjoyed Trek 2, I enjoyed Iron Man 3 plenty more... Just seemed more fresh with the quick banter, self-aware script, hokey terrorism satire and abrupt shifts in narrative. I felt Trek 2 fun but run of the mill in just about every way imaginable. Passable blockbuster entertainment. Didn't take a single risk.

Self-aware humor is the easiest, laziest kind there is. Not to mention the plot twist in IM3 that is totally lame. There's no edge to Iron Man 3. It's a Disney movie through and through.

Hiring Joss Whedon is clearly proven to be a disaster for Marvel, especially when he made TA his own movie. Such epic fail.

No, not everyone. Just those with discerning tastes.

No offense, but I swear I don't understand some of you sometimes. There are moments where you complain that 4 years between films is apparently long, but when you get a movie after 2 years you complain it's rushed. You either want a rushed film and wait 2 years, or a good film and wait 4 years. Make your choice already.

Obviously it needs to be a three year wait. God.