theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

That just made me realize Oz could very well beat STID at the box office.  :stretcher:

True. Look how amazing Disney has been this year. The current top 2 films are their only releases so far. Amazing.

Let me add, those two films are more than enough to make them the top studio so far. TWO FILMS.

• Like 1

The delay was Abrams, not Paramount.

Still a development issue. Paramount might not care enough to deal with any development issues next time around. Believe me, studios hate taking losses on blockbuster films. If anyone thinks STID not making bank wouldn't put a sour taste in Paramount's mouth for the series, they're kidding themselves. We'll see how OS and legs turn out though. It could still pass 500 WW, which should put it in the green.

True. Look how amazing Disney has been this year. The current top 2 films are their only releases so far. Amazing.

Let me add, those two films are more than enough to make them the top studio so far. TWO FILMS.

The Lone Ranger is coming. I don't know what to make of that movie, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Lone Ranger is going to surprise people, and over the past few weeks, everybody's Thor predictions have skyrocketed.

Mouse = win

• Like 1

2014 looks unusually quiet for them though. Talk about the calm before the storm! It's really too bad they can't move one of their 2015 mega hitters up to 2014.

So will actuals be much lower than Rth's numbers again? ;)

It's possible. West Coast was unusually slow for a Saturday. At least the Southern California theaters that I checked were.

Edited by ECSTASY

2014 looks unusually quiet for them though. Talk about the calm before the storm! It's really too bad they can't move one of their 2015 mega hitters up to 2014.

They won't win the year but will still do well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14-16

[*]Need For Speed

21-23

[*]The Muppets... Again!

APRIL

04-06

[*]Captain America: The Winter Soldier

18-20

[*]Bears

MAY

30-01

[*]The Good Dinosaur

JULY

04-07

[*]Maleficent

AUGUST

01-03

[*]Guardians Of The Galaxy

NOVEMBER

07-09

[*]Big Hero Vl

DECEMBER

19-21

[*]Tomorrowland

Stuff like GOTG, Big Hero 6, and Tomorrowland are the types of movies that might turn out to be quite good but still underperform at the boxoffice.

You follow this stuff, so who exactly is the favorite to win next year (studio-wise)?

I loved the first trailer for The Lone Ranger.  I was really excited.  With each successive trailer I feel worse and worse about it.

I only saw one trailer and that was at IM3.  It looked like Pirates of Caribbean set in the Wild West to me. Just switch Captain Jack for Tonto. That could be really good or really bad, lol.

I loved the first trailer for The Lone Ranger.  I was really excited.  With each successive trailer I feel worse and worse about it.

I'm in the opposite boat. I think each trailer has gotten better.

MARCH

14-16

[*]Need For Speed

21-23

[*]The Muppets... Again!

APRIL

04-06

18-20

[*]Bears

MAY

30-01

[*]The Good Dinosaur

JULY

04-07

[*]Maleficent

AUGUST

01-03

NOVEMBER

07-09

[*]Big Hero Vl

DECEMBER

19-21

[*]Tomorrowland

They'll do fine of course, but it's the first year in a long time they don't have anything locked for at least 200. CA2 and Good Dinosaur have good shots, but they aren't locked. And there's also a lot of potential bombs scheduled (Need For Speed, Bears, Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Hero 6, Tomorrowland)

MARCH

14-16

[*]Need For Speed

21-23

[*]The Muppets... Again!

APRIL

04-06

18-20

[*]Bears

MAY

30-01

[*]The Good Dinosaur

JULY

04-07

[*]Maleficent

AUGUST

01-03

NOVEMBER

07-09

[*]Big Hero Vl

DECEMBER

19-21

[*]Tomorrowland

2015 will have two Pixar movies.  You'd think with all their success it would've taken them less than 20 years to start releasing more than 1 film a year.  Dreamworks has been doing it since 2004.

I only saw one trailer and that was at IM3.  It looked like Pirates of Caribbean set in the Wild West to me. Just switch Captain Jack for Tonto. That could be really good or really bad, lol.

They put a Pirates logo in the middle of the trailer, so I guess Disney marketing is getting the message accross. You got it at least.