theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

So what would of the OW been if this stayed on a Friday? I'm guessing mid 80s. While not as great as most were predicting, I doubt we be calling it a "flop"

It's likely to gross less than $80 over the protracted 4.25 day opening... How would the opening weekend have been the mid-eighties? Maybe mid to low seventies.

It's likely to gross less than $80 over the protracted 4.25 day opening... How would the opening weekend have been the mid-eighties? Maybe mid to low seventies.

I thought the projected 4 day opening was 83.5M.

Actually they were. And no they didn't either.

Anyway-this movie is just hectic right now. I think people are making this look worse then it is. While its not great by any means-its not the next Narnia. (AKA really huge drop)

Who? I clearly remember people predicting 75-85M OW for it. You were predicting over 100M OW, and some other guys, but most were way under 100M OW.

Edited by CJohn

Who? I clearly remember people predicitng 75-85M OW for it. You were predicting over 100M OW, and some other guys, but most were way under 100M OW.

I do remember it-I can't say who as its gone :P

Anyway-MIB2 redux for this, though I'm not as sad as I am about that.  (It is also T3 redux)

I think since there is no Derby and I don't do Baumer's Summer game-I am not upset if something goes against what I predicted. ;)

So the average OW on the BSG for Star Trek was 113M(3 day)Average domestic total was 316M.The good thing is we're all fucked as a group.

• Like 2

I thought the projected 4 day opening was 83.5M.

I was going off the BTC numbers posted earlier. You may very well be right. Though, it appears most rivals studios expect $65M true weekend at best. I don't see a 4.25 day total higher than $80M and wouldn't be shocked if it's under $75M... Hope I'm wrong.

So the average OW on the BSG for Star Trek was 113M(3 day)Average domestic total was 316M.The good thing is we're all fucked as a group.

I thought I would under predicting with 285M... I've never been so wrong in my entire life.

One thing is that the trailers made this film a bit dark and kind of alienating to the ga. Also

I think they need to cover another story not already done in the films, there are so many other ones they could of done.

• Like 1

One thing is that the trailers made this film a bit dark and kind of alienating to the ga. Also

I think they need to cover another story not already done in the films, there are so many other ones they could of done.

Yeah, that's part of my problem with this movie. It was supposed to be a "new" Star Trek, and the movie 4 years ago really felt like that, but then they go and give us this, which felt the exact opposite of new and fresh.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's part of my problem with this movie. It was supposed to be a "new" Star Trek, and the movie 4 years ago really felt like that, but then they go and give us this, which felt the exact opposite of new and fresh.

I want to see Harvey Mudd! Trelane! The Rock Monster! Heck even those brains would be great!

The most popular villian with Trek fans actually is Q, but I can see why they never use him-it be like having Dr. Manhattan your villian for the film, he is powerful with no weakness.

What is the absolute max/min you can imagine this doing for the weekend? (Okay make it realistic at least-I don't mean a 400% Saturday increase or a 99% decrease)

Absolute minimum is about 58.3M 3-Day, and 71.8M 4-Day. Absolute maximum about 83.6M 3-Day and 97.1M 4-Day

Also I disliked how

they make Dr. Marcus suddenly like she was big to the franchise-what about Nurse Chappel who was there all the time and even Rand who was there the first season

Overall though I liked it more then ST09. (Part of me enjoys First Contact the most)

Edited by Impact

The miracle to save this movie would be a 30M Saturday which should push for 80M for the 4 day.

Yeah. I'm thinking at worse it'll stay flat and fall 35% Sun. at best it could do 60% increase and fall 25% sun.