theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

I no longer watch movies in 3D. I just dont find it worth it anymore.Avatar 2 is the next movie I'm planning on watching in 3D because I know Cameron will do it right.

yep..i haven't seen a 3D movie since Transformers 3 back in 2011. Its just not worth it.

Atlanta,GA

• Like 2

So STID is decreasing then

It could still increase. Sell outs don't tell the whole story. When there are lot of them you know the movie is doing extremely well. But if the theater is pretty full and doesn't sell out it could still mean a nice haul with a lot of showings. Don't despair just yet.

West Coast does worry me though. Theaters haven't been this dead in a while.

• Like 2

I have read here and there, people watching STID and then going back watching again IM3 for the second or third time.

I guess the rewatchability factor over time (maybe even after having digested the controversial twist) for those who have like it averagely is stronger in the case of IM3 than in the one of STID.

Some Trekkie were even  getting mad at them for not supporting STID while going back to either IM3 or Gatsby. :ph34r: 

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

I'll admit that, even though I really liked the movie, there's a dark part of me that wants to see just how disappointing Trek's performance can get.If you're gonna fall, fall all the way!

As see Jorah says in game of thrones..There is a darkness in every man relating to the box office

Yes it is disappointing that movies with FAKE villains are doing better than those that deserve more. Crap.

I agree. Even if they released a BLACK WIDOW movie now with all her FAKE villains it would still make money.

Posted Image

• Like 2