theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

BTC may be right most of the time, but they'll get 1 out of every 4 or 5 wrong. Next weekend may be a prime candidate for one of them.

Or maybe BTC will change their final guess when this week's numbers come out. That's always a possibility too!

Also, regarding the BTC future numbers, I'd like to point one thing out:

If After Earth, Now You See Me, Internship, and The Purge all open to those exact predictions, that will absolutely leave a ton of room for Man Of Steel to break out big time. Having 2 weeks of relatively small movies before it will be a big help for it's box office chances.

• Like 1

Also, regarding the BTC future numbers, I'd like to point one thing out:

If After Earth, Now You See Me, Internship, and The Purge all open to those exact predictions, that will absolutely leave a ton of room for Man Of Steel to break out big time. Having 2 weeks of relatively small movies before it will be a big help for it's box office chances.

It's the next 300 M film of the summer.

They've been very accurate of late, I really see no need to think they've got it wrong.

Of the three numbers they have for next weekend (100, 90, and 40), I'll bet at least 1 of them changes when they release their final predictions in a day or two, if not 2 of them or even all 3 of them. After seeing how STID performed this weekend, and looking at F&F6 overseas numbers, they may want to revise some numbers upwards or downwards.

Lol, I forgot. And THE HANGOVER lll opens on Thursday right?

correct, so we won't get actuals for Friday until Tuesday afternoon rolls around

it's the type of weekend that lends itself to

"studio X is inflating their numbers" or "studio Y is underestimating their drop"

Edited by kitik

Not with STID.

RS said mid-90's for the 3-day

MTC said 88 for the 3-day

BTC said 90 for the 4-day

boxoffice.com said 87 for the 3-day

BOM said 117 for the 4-day, 89 for the 3-day

Every single person in baumer's game said over 100 for the 4-day

BTC may not have nailed STID right on the head, but they were better than everyone else.

What really interests me is the weekend after. I want to see which is gonna hold well.

I think a lot of people here are underestimating Jaden Smith's influence with the younger demographic, which really none of us here are a part of. Unless Epic breaks out, After Earth is going to pull in a lot of kids.

RS said mid-90's for the 3-day

MTC said 88 for the 3-day

BTC said 90 for the 4-day

boxoffice.com said 87 for the 3-day

BOM said 117 for the 4-day, 89 for the 3-day

Every single person in baumer's game said over 100 for the 4-day

BTC may not have nailed STID right on the head, but they were better than everyone else.

True. I hope it gets close to that.

I think a lot of people here are underestimating Jaden Smith's influence with the younger demographic, which really none of us here are a part of. Unless Epic breaks out, After Earth is going to pull in a lot of kids.

What number are you expecting?