theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

Not on the level of Trek. And there are many other factors from F6 to reason increases than from ST2, but I agree, every movie - F6, STID, IM3, CF, Thor, Croods, PR, even Gravity has op's, but you have to admit Trek's was out of control. I dont see $300M for Fast 6, and thats my most anticipated movie, its just not realistic, at least atm.

Some are predicting a billion

So if we consider T/F it's OD-that would be about a 80M-85M OW probably. Which is a little better then the first. Given how sci-fi not named Star Wars rarley does at that level it is a good number-there are other factors also.

Yes, but the 4-day OW ensures a significantly lower multiplier. With a 80-85 4-days OW, it could struggle to achieve 210-220M.

Blank-Paramount single handily killed Trek in 2002. Remember that also.

Batman Begins is to Batman and Robin as Star Trek 09 was to Nemesis. No reason with a three-year break inbetween films they could've performed similarly (well obviously Into Darkness would be on smaller scale, but if it had all of June last year to itself, I could've seen $350M easy)

Some were saying that even..still the month is crowded. IM2 was considered a disapointment when it didn't do better.

EVERYONE calls IM2 disappointing, but at least it didn't decrease big like Spider-man 2 from its first movie. :ph34r:

For adverting, Paramount should have built a real life Enterprise and had it orbiting Earth when the movie came out. That would really boosted the numbers for opening weekend! :ph34r:

And then crashed it.

That would've REALLY gotten people's attention.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

Yes, but the 4-day OW ensures a significantly lower multiplier. With a 80-85 4-days OW, it could struggle to achieve 210-220M.

But that's sort of in reverse. Take the $14m-odd million and stick it elsewhere in the run and the legs go back up. Studios don't care about legs, they want to make as much as they can as fast as they can.

But that's sort of in reverse. Take the $14m-odd million and stick it elsewhere in the run and the legs go back up. Studios don't care about legs, they want to make as much as they can as fast as they can.

Yeah if they cared about legs-would they make so many horror films?

Star Trek: Into Darkness was fantastic! Definitely exceeded my high expectations. It was also quite the spectacle in 3D. - USA

#StarTrek Into Darkness was pretty awesome. Well done J.J. Abrams - Canada

Star Trek Into Darkness was just good as FUCK. Better than the first. - USA

New Star Trek movie was decent. Very lazy ending though. Otherwise it is a good watch. I give it a 6.5/10. #StarTrek #IntoDarkness

Star Trek Into Darkness was pretty good. People burst into applause at one part haha - Canada

Okay, saw Into Darkness. It was fun. Fewer giant plot holes than the reboot. Liked it.

literally sobbing from the amazingness that was #startrek #intodarkness

Star Trek Into Darkness was good. Although there were points of absurdity with references and plot devices; still highly recommend though.

Wow, as a hardcore trekkie I am really tough to please but Star Trek Into Darkness was the #besttrekever

GO SEE STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! GOODNESS GRACIOUS THAT MOVIE WAS PHENOMENAL! - USA

Star Trek: Into Darkness was incredible. Don't want to spoil anything, but I think it did a great job. And I'm totally a Cumberbitch. - USA

JUST SAW "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS"... I'M SPEECHLESS IT WAS SO SPECTACULAR!!!!!! - USA

Star Trek Into Darkness was the most incredible film I've seen all year! #EveryoneGoSeeIt #AbsolutePerfection #PlotTwistS #USSEnterprise  - USA

OMG!! WOW!! Star Trek Into Darkness was amazing!!!!!!! Best movie of 2013 so far. 10/10. :D - USA

star trek into darkness was such a good movie would go and see it again !

Star Trek: Into Darkness was fantastic! Definitely exceeded my high expectations. It was also quite the spectacle in 3D.

The best thing about Star Trek Into Darkness was the nap I took in the 2nd Act. #kak  - Canada

"Star Trek: Into Darkness" breaks the curse of the one good, one bad rotation. Last one was great, and this one is great! Go see...!!! - USA

into darkness was way too cute and not in the good way - Canada

People are also going on about Robocop being in it?