theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

The West Coast has disappointed quite a lot of times recently  :lol:

Yeah. Not sure what's going on with that.  IM3 opening weekend saw a significant increase from the 58m estimate though. Like now my local theater Edwards Ontario Imax has 0 sell outs for any movie tonight including Trek and Gatsby.

Jay's theater- Irvine Spectrum has 1 sell out in Imax for Trek and 2 for Gatsby and 1 for IM. There are still a lot of shows left.  That's not a lot of business for a Friday night. That theater is probably one of the busiest in Southern California.

• Like 1

I'm a big Trek fan, so I've been keeping an eye on this thread in hopes a sequel with get greenlit, but even with bad news, I just had to register to say a lot of your postings have been thoroughly entertaining. Bravo. :rofl:

Star Trek 3 will happen. STID is still going to double its budget.

I'm a big Trek fan, so I've been keeping an eye on this thread in hopes a sequel with get greenlit, but even with bad news, I just had to register to say a lot of your postings have been thoroughly entertaining. Bravo. :rofl:

Welcome!Now stay to help us fight off the superhero infidels. :lol:

Star Trek 3 will happen. STID is still going to double its budget.

Yep. As said before-if they stopped making sequels for every film that decreased quite a few films would never come out.

Obviously Paramount wants to make as much as they possibly can, but having a Trek film in theaters drives a WHOLE bunch of ancillary media: the five previous TV series, the two previous feature franchises, a slew of novels, tons of licensing, merchandising, etc.