CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

Examples - Trek, Spider Man, Sherlock Holmes. Good WOM doesnt guarantee increase. And im predicting 375-385 too so i dont know what you mean by posters like me. Im realistic with my predictions and i use stats and ive been spot on lately. I dont call for increases cuz I love a movie or decreases cuz I hate it. I liked THG and ill be seeing CF most likely, but THG does not have 50 million fans.Many people went just to see what the hype was about/see teens kill each other. Now that theyve seen it once the novelty has worn off. Yes it has sales, but so did HP. HP8 had 10 years of sales and gaining new fans and it still couldnt match SS adjusted. It couldnt even cross $400m with 3D. That was 10 years, i dont expect THG to gain a butt load of new fans in 1 year. Repeat views are also becoming too expensive. Now I never said it was IMPOSSIBLE. Youre putting words in my mouth. It can still increase, but these 440m+ predicts are ridiculous. Someone even said it could beat TDK. Thats straight bias for the franchise. Its not impossible, but i personally dont see an increase. Just cuz i say it wont doesnt mean it wont. If you believe it will then good for you, just dont make it out to be a flop because it didnt meet lofty expectations.

Tell me... what is  your TA2 prediction?

Edited by Moviefanatic

Examples - Trek, Spider Man, Sherlock Holmes. Good WOM doesnt guarantee increase. And im predicting 375-385 too so i dont know what you mean by posters like me. Im realistic with my predictions and i use stats and ive been spot on lately. I dont call for increases cuz I love a movie or decreases cuz I hate it. I liked THG and ill be seeing CF most likely, but THG does not have 50 million fans.Many people went just to see what the hype was about/see teens kill each other. Now that theyve seen it once the novelty has worn off. Yes it has sales, but so did HP. HP8 had 10 years of sales and gaining new fans and it still couldnt match SS adjusted. It couldnt even cross $400m with 3D. That was 10 years, i dont expect THG to gain a butt load of new fans in 1 year. Repeat views are also becoming too expensive. Now I never said it was IMPOSSIBLE. Youre putting words in my mouth. It can still increase, but these 440m+ predicts are ridiculous. Someone even said it could beat TDK. Thats straight bias for the franchise. Its not impossible, but i personally dont see an increase. Just cuz i say it wont doesnt mean it wont. If you believe it will then good for you, just dont make it out to be a flop because it didnt meet lofty expectations.

I am predicting 360m

Guys lets not go overboard here. 7m midnights should be the goal and 105-110m 4 day. If we inflate expectations so much were all going to view it as a disappointment when the numbers come in. It's doing fantastic, but nowhere close IM3 levels. I want this to succeed more then anyone, but let's not lose our logic.

Logic is your friend :) Right on track for this weekend.