CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

Looks like Uni is finally getting their $100M opener. These are the numbers I love best, numbers most people dont expect. Whether you want to admit or not, the GA loves this franchise and thes characters, and you dont have to stress "young adult male crowd" to be successful.

It's sitting pretty at $348M D heading into the long holiday frame... So, yeah. I'd say definitely on course for $400M+ D. Likely $410M+ D.

Thx.

So CF could win 2013 dom.

I think the Hangover 2 did that to TH3.

How many in the audience groaned when

they show a transexual's crummy looking d*ck. Another repulsive shot of crumply foreskin of a dude

:sick::puke: Why Warners, why??!!

Edited by Telemachos

I expect most believe it will. I'm one of the few that believes it won't match the first D a la Potter 2.

Harry Potter book 2 and CF book have NOTHING in common.

Harry Potter 2 is like : okay, another year at Hogwarth and 5 others to go.

Catching Fire moves forward way more quickly and completely changes tone wise, the story becomes epic, birth of a modern Joan of Arc, revolution brewing, heartbreaking moments, huge stakes etc etc etc

Harry Potter will wait 7 movies to meet his true nemesis.

Katniss is fighting the Capitol in CF.

That is why CF has a chance at going against franchises BO habbits, when a huge first film means a decrease.

Some franchises did it, LOTR for example.

Edited by The Futurist

CF is not winning 2013. You cant expect this to sell 50M NA tickets again. CF and HP may not have anthing in common, but that doesnt mean it cant make in that range.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 2

Looks like Uni is finally getting their $100M opener. These are the numbers I love best, numbers most people dont expect. Whether you want to admit or not, the GA loves this franchise and thes characters, and you dont have to stress "young adult male crowd" to be successful.

I think most have been expecting 100 M.

Yeah it's a fantastic number. But you can tell from the activity nationwide it wasn't going to do big blockbuster numbers. It was a hot ticket in the West. And yeah, I will pat myself on the back. Thanks for the cookie. :lol:

Kudos for the call :)West Coast strength for F6 feels right but will it be confirmed?