CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

Not yet, cause IM3 outgrossed it. Here's hoping Tony and friends can muster a Friday increase bigger than Avengers' last year given the competition.

About 130%+ would be nice. The biggest competition will be Epic I think, since IM3 is acting like a family film.

• Founder / Operator

That's not gonna happen. THIII might be awful, but it's gonna have a healthy Friday jump.

This does seem like the more likely scenario right now. It probably won't get near what it was "supposed" to still, but, the Thursday drop-off is too drastic to not be a little suspect.

• Like 2

With 100 million 4 day I imagine it will end up over fast five?It has summer weekdays this time unlike fast five.

It should be a given at this point, the competition is crashing, no heavy comp for 3 weeks, and WOM is already stellar.

• Founder / Operator

What locks F6 for a $100M 3-day? 40M OW? 45?

$40m Friday (including Thursday previews) could get it there, but $45m would be "lock" territory.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

This does seem like the more likely scenario right now. It probably won't get near what it was "supposed" to still, but, the Thursday drop-off is too drastic to not be a little suspect.

I know plenty of folks aged 25+ planning to catch THIII today, tomorrow and/or over the weekend. I expect nice bumps. Nothing substantial. But, I bet it grosses $70M+ over the 5-day.

• Like 2

It will go up today, but not to a great extent. The Hangover II didn't have to deal with new openers on that Friday, let alone Fast & Furious 6, and audiences are less forgiving for this than they were for Part 2. 

I'm guessing $12.5m-$13m for today and $35m-$37m for the 3-day weekend. 

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

It will go up today, but not to a great extent. The Hangover II didn't have to deal with new openers on that Friday, let alone Fast & Furious 6, and audiences are less forgiving for this than they were for Part 2. 

Very true. The one counter-point there may be that TH2 was a "must see" movie. TH3 isn't, so the potential for back-loading closer to the holiday itself is higher. Will be interesting to watch.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1