#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

We just missed this being the biggest weekend of all time by $13 million.

The culprit is TH3. Had that opened higher than $60 million for the 3 day weekend it would have easily broken that mark.

Though that would of taken out other films numbers then-also take a look at the number 10 film, just 815K.

After always being number 6, they are back. Of course no major studio has had a bad of a year as Universal did in 1998 since then at least.

Universal is currently #3 this year, was #4 in 2012, #5 in 2011, #6 in 2010, #6 in 2009, #4 in 2008 and #5 in 2007.

Sony is having a bad year-but to be fair, they only have had 2 films so far.

WB is having a really quiet year so far.

Kind of interesting as these 2 are the studios that usually seem to bring out 50 films a year.

(Dang autocorrect-somehow I had interesting as instructing.)

Fast Trek Into Starkness is how I will look back on May 2013. No mention of Flopover of course. :P

Yet May 2012 still wins due to Avengers (and in small to MIB3), this year deserves a mention.

While the "wise ones" at Paramount:Let's get rid of DWA and Marvel.

Last year-if not for Madagascar 3 Paramount would of been in big trouble.

Paramount did 120M from The Avengers :lol:

I don't think it is worse than H2.Regardless, I think reviews are over-rated for week 1 of a movie - particularly for a movie that is the 3rd in the franchise. You tend to be either sold on it and will watch regardless of reviews, or you will stay away knowing its not the type of thing you will enjoy.Reviews and WOM kick in from 2nd week onwards when people who enjoyed it want to see it again and/or tell their friends its great and they should see it. Or alternatively they should stay far far away from it.

I think the public feels that it's worse. Reactions seem more muted and there's the B Cinemascore vs. Part II's A-. Edited by Jay Beezy