#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

OS for Star Trek is fine; it's doing better than I expected OS...

I disagree. It's doing worse than i expected for example and i expected about 250m. Nothing extraordinary.

And i'm sure when a studio makes a 190m budget blockbuster they expect something more than 200m or so from the expanded overseas markets.

I disagree. It's doing worse than i expected for example and i expected about 250m. Nothing extraordinary.

And i'm sure when a studio makes a 190m budget blockbuster they expect something more than 200m or so from the expanded overseas markets.

Wait... What's Into Darkness on pace to gross OS? Sub-$200M?

250 M is possible.

Do you have demo breakdown?

Really? That's surprising

No I don't, but what Ive seen around town, Hispanics were around 30-40% (and my city is nowhere close to that Hispanic percentage). Black and white made up the rest. And most of the families were Hispanic. In other words most of the little kids, as young as 2-3, were brought by Hispanics. 7 and up W, B, and H. Families were probably around 30%-40%. Many parents with they're kids and teenagers - all demos - black, white, and Hispanic, and few date couples. It was either groups (a group of about 10 whites walked out right before the credit scene), or families of 4 or more. Date night couples were probably 20% (which is low because adult tickets are $9 and student is $8).

Also when I was in line, there were families buying tickets for F6 - families of 4 and 5, and I have family members that are going with their kids today, and I've read of other families that went. It may not be as great with families as a whole, but in the southeast at least its possibly #2 behind Epic.

Edited by jandrew

Since Trek holds well this weekend, should we expect a good hold next weekend too? Or will it likely fall bigger than normal cause of inflated holiday weekend?

Edited by Sam

Fast 6 breaks through the wall of idiocy and goes into a zen like territory of meta-retardation and post-stupid reverse intelligence.

It featured the longest runway in human history :lol:When Vin Diesel saved Michelle Rodriguez the audience actually burst out laughing. But they still loved the movie.

It featured the longest runway in human history :lol: 

I know, I was actually laughing out loud at how long that runway was. Despite that the plane action set piece was incredibly complex, I mean so complex. I cant even imagine the time it must have taken to sketch that shit out.

It featured the longest runway in human history :lol:When Vin Diesel saved Michelle Rodriguez the audience actually burst out laughing. But they still loved the movie.

Glad you loved it, but come onnnnn hahaha, the runway isn't that long! We saw the scene through everyone's perspectives, that's why it felt longer. They did the same thing for Fast and Furious 1. If you notice a character pose, once the shot leaves them, but comes back to them, they're in the same pose.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1