#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Ehh... it's going to drop big time from this May, IMO. I'm not convinced next May is going to be that great. Line-up is shaky.

Of course it's going to drop. It looks fine in a sense that there won't be much of cannibalization.

• Founder / Operator

Fast Six is likely to end up over 230-240 million so the audience did grow and with crazy competition.. 

I think he meant post-opening weekend. At this point, F6 has slowed down to F5's daily pace.

• Founder / Operator

Of course it's going to drop. It looks fine in a sense that there won't be much of cannibalization.

True, but, I just mean in the general sense of a lack of true "event" movies. My gut tells me it'll be one of the least attended Mays ever.

• Like 1

As it turns out, the same Friday in 2002 saw what look like weak increases to me too, followed by a very strong Saturday. Wishful thinking?

To compensate for this kind of Friday jumps, Saturday jumps need to be in the range of 80-100% which is highly unlikely but you never so maybe your wishful thinking might come true.  :D

True, but, I just mean in the general sense of a lack of true "event" movies. My gut tells me it'll be one of the least attended Mays ever.

I don't think it'll go quite that low, maybe 120m at best, but not worse than 2010.
  • Like 1

filmnerdjamie, on 01 Jun 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

With few exceptions, lineup next summer looks weak.

I like the fact there aren't many sequels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-04

[*]The Amazing Spider-Man ll

09-11

[*]Tyler Perry's Single Mom's Club

16-18

[*]Godzilla

23-25

[*]Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes

[*]Blended

30-01

[*]The Good Dinosaur

[*]A Million Ways To Die In The West

JUNE

06-08

[*]Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

[*]All You Need Is Kill

13-15

[*]21 Jump Street ll

20-22

[*]How To Train Your Dragon ll

[*]Think Like A Man Too

27-29

[*]Transformers lV

JULY

04-07

[*]Maleficent

[*]Sex Tape

[*]Tammy

11-14

[*]Fast & Furious Vll

18-21

[*]X-Men: Days Of Future Past

25-28

[*]Hercules

[*]Jupiter Ascending

AUGUST

01-03

[*]Guardians Of The Galaxy

08-10

[*]Dracula

15-17

22-24

29-31

Edited by kayumanggi

Is Star Trek Into Darkness technically a box office disappointment?

No doubt about it, yes.

As long as it crosses $200M domestic (It will), Paramount can save some face and label it a blockbuster. Third Trek movie is gonna face cutbacks and Abrams' writing/producing team will be fired, as a result.