#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Btw what is even the point of Epic? A girl gets shrunk and helps a bunch of Leafmen defend their leaf world?

Pretty much. Its just very boring and beyond the nice visuals there's nothing creative or exciting about it. I guess it works for kids whose brains haven't developed yet to understand whats a good movie.  I'm surprised Epic got as good reviews as it did. 

Pretty much. Its just very boring and beyond the nice visuals there's nothing creative or exciting about it. I guess it works for kids whose brains haven't developed yet to understand whats a good movie.  I'm surprised Epic got as good reviews as it did.

I see, and its so cliche how every movie like this needs the human or the underdog to help save the day, otherwise the "army" will fail. Yeah this doesnt even look Redbox to me. Epic and AE look like the two most uninspired movies of the summer, even above Internship.

I see, and its so cliche how every movie like this needs the human or the underdog to help save the day, otherwise the "army" will fail. Yeah this doesnt even look Redbox to me. Epic and AE look like the two most uninspired movies of the summer, even above Internship.

Yeah, I kinda feel bad for wasting my money on something so nondescript. 

That's one of the dark sides of seeing everything

Edited by Jack Nevada

Yeah, I kinda feel bad for wasting my money on something so nondescript. 

That's one of the dark sides of seeing everything

Don't know if you're in US but if you are you should look into using MoviePass.  Saves me so much $$$ and you can see everything.

• Like 1

Don't know if you're in US but if you are you should look into using MoviePass.  Saves me so much $$$ and you can see everything.

I live in Finland. The closest I can come to saving while still seeing everything is buying this bundle of 5 tickets that practically lets you see one movie for free. 

• Founder / Operator

Nope. I heard plenty of "funniest movie I've seen in a while" comments at my screening. 

I think Sony's thinking with the release date is that they have nowhere else to open it- May 30 was too close to Hangover, June 7 was the same weekend as another comedy and previously the date they were opening AE, late-June is crowded, July is a mess- but they know that Summer weekdays will work in their favor, and that the film can counterprogram the June action movies. 

Not to mention the budget is $25m so there's no way the film doesn't make them a profit. 

Not to mention that it's summertime--a comedy and a superhero movie can co-exist fairly easily.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I remember seeing Funny People. Opening night. Packed house. Whole audience loved it. And we saw what that did.

Its gonna make bank. But its a cast full of comedians past their popularity (Several including Rogen and Cera are downright box-office poison) in what looks like one big meta joke. Not sure public is going to flock, especially the same weekend as a mega-hit-in-the-making like Man of Steel.

I think that might be the first time I've read "Funny People" and "whole audience loved it"... ever?

:P

Just kiddin' with ya, bud. We've been opposite ends with TITE for awhile now.

• Founder / Operator

Theres an ad on this website for the After Earth "official novelization", I wonder if that thing has sold at least 1,000 copies.

Ads are usually determined by individual recent Internet search activity. ;)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I hope this forum is still up in 2015, because that year is going to be insane.

I see no reason why it wouldn't be. :)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

btw I saw Epic today and the kids in the audience weren't digging it. Only a few laughs and no enthusiastic talking after the light came back on. I cant see the WOM being that great among families.

For those old enough to get this reference, the Epic trailers always reminded me of Fern Gully.

Fox should be thanking their lucky stars it did so well over the holiday weekend. That first trailer was brutal (in terms of appealing to kids).

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Funny People is barely a comedy but advertised itself as one. Big mistake. This is the End is always a comedy. This isn't a bloated Apatow dramady. It's the funniest movie the Apatow actors have done since Forgetting Sarah Marshall.I think it'll be more audience friendly than you think. Everything the public doesn't like about these guys- Franco's arrogance, McBride's assholery, Jonah Hill's foray into dramatic roles, Rogen's 'selling out' of sorts in the last few years- is mocked front and center here.The only thing standing in the way of its success is Man of Steel, but WOM could very well save it.

This!