Dementeleus

Man of Steel (2013)

Man of Steel (2013)  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Bit early to tell, at least audience wise. After it first released, I definitely would've said that people who hated the film were in the minority but public opinion has somewhat soured since release and now it's difficult to say whether it'll be overall loved or hated by the fandom. I suspect people who hate it are still in the minority, but the gap is (hopefully) getting closer.

Also, I can't be the only one who laughed at Lordmandeep's post, pointing to the post above, starting the new page.

it seems to matter a lot to you what other people think of the film. I have no idea why. 

it seems to matter a lot to you what other people think of the film. I have no idea why. 

I like knowing what the general reception of any film is, either as an indication of whether I should watch it or not or, if I've already seen the film, how my views align and compare with the general audience. 

Watched it on Blu Ray today ... I really enjoyed it. 

I think I gave it an A- when I voted the first time ... I'd probably say still a B+/A- for me ... main area where improvements can be had are in the dialogue ... of course, unless Affleck gives it a look over, that will probably continue to be a weak point.

That blu ray extra 'Planet Krypton' really tease the notion of Doomsday, Lex Luthor, and Star Labs playing a role in the upcoming films in the universe.

I preferred it over Iron Man 3 by a good margin ... and a just a little bit over Thor: The Dark World and The Wolverine.

yeah I know, that is why actually I am disappointed with them going to a Batman Superman film instead of a proper sequel

it is hard to tell what the exact thoughts on MOS are. Some people seem to hate it and think it is one of the worst superhero movies but many also seemed to love it and rank it on top

I don't think MOS was rated that highly amongst the GA. It opened to about 128m then dropped to 41m (granted it had competition). Its a shame because had it been as good as it looked, I truly believe it could have won the year. Still 290m for a rotten film coming off the disliked SR just shows that there is still interest in this hero. The last non-sequel to earn that much despite bad reviews was Transformers.  

Tornado scene with J. Kent = brilliant just brilliant pure gold

best scene i have seen in years

that stopping motion he did?

wow

the fact that no one will even remember what happened to that scene if Clark save J Kent?

wow

the fact that J kent sacrificed himself for a doge?

wow

Goyer ftw!!!

Edited by JJ321

The difference is is that Christopher Reeve at least made an effort to try and save the people while Cavill didn't.. They were clearly aiming for the ADD crowd with this movie..

I see, so the ground soldier, fighter pilot, Lois, Martha, people about to be lazered by Zod, and the rest of the planet were just figments of everyone's imagination.

Posted Image

The only thing Cavils Superman did to protect people was tell someone to go inside and lock the door lol. It wouldn't have mattered that millions of people were probably destroyed but what made it worse was when he lifts Louis into the skies with a beaming smile on his face as he shares his first kiss with her with a city of ruin in the background. They made it seem  like Superman didn't give a shit.

• Like 1

The only thing Cavils Superman did to protect people was tell someone to go inside and lock the door lol. It wouldn't have mattered that millions of people were probably destroyed but what made it worse was when he lifts Louis into the skies with a beaming smile on his face as he shares his first kiss with her with a city of ruin in the background. They made it seem  like Superman didn't give a shit.

(After crashing into a 7-11 gas station and turning it into a barbecue in the middle of his crowded home town)

Then he proceeds to take Faora into a shopping trip when he punches her into most shops he can (product placement galore) filled with those same customers he told to get inside for "protection". That made me chuckle when Superman catches her in the air to wreak havoc in an Ihop while people are there chilling. (It's like Superman deliberately wanted to destroy most of his town's shops nevermind customers instead of battling in the countryside).

And my favourite, Superman punches the robot guy into a locomotive that ends up in an unnecessary giant explosion. Nice. Then the Gonzo part, the locomotive on fire that comes back flying in the air to terminate Smallville Main Street. I was like "That's complete bonkers, Snyder must be jerking off going full retard!"

Edited by dashrendar44

I agree with Dash. Superman should've stayed at home and watch Zod destroy every human being on the planet instead of destroying one city in order to save them.

Yes, maybe he killed a lot of people, but he saved a shitload more.

• Like 1

I agree with Dash. Superman should've stayed at home and watch Zod destroy every human being on the planet instead of destroying one city in order to save them.

Yes, maybe he killed a lot of people, but he saved a shitload more.

Superman should have stayed on bloody Krypton, that planet of idiotic fascists and egoistical pricks. Earth would have been safer without him.

Edited by dashrendar44

Superman should have stayed on bloody Krypton, that planet of idiotic fascists and egoistical pricks. Earth would have been safer without him.

You should write a complain letter to Warner Bros and Goyer. Earth would've been safer without Super man in all movies, not just Man of Steel, so it's not worth blaming it on that.

You should write a complain letter to Warner Bros and Goyer. Earth would've been safer without Super man in all movies, not just Man of Steel, so it's not worth blaming it on that.

Nope. Superman the movie didn't feature Zod. Superman saves Earth from Lex Luthor's shenanigans that provoked all kind of disasters. So he actually earns his superhero status and Earth's trust so when Zod shows up in the second movie, earth people have all the reasons in the world to crave for Superman's help standing by our side to beat Zod (Hence the scene in Superman 2 when the president told Zod that Superman gonna kick his ass because he is our faithful protector) and feel his absence as a terrible loss.

In MoS, earth people don't give a damn to handle Superman as a prisoner to Zod because, you know, earthlings don't know that guy at all as Clark didn't spend time to be Superman saving earth people all around the world after gaining his costume*, he prefered going back to Mama's home in Kansas drinking beers watching TV. So it's much more glaring that the cause of all of this is Kal-El's mere presence on Earth. (Jor-El put the Codex Zod is looking madly after into Superman and sent him on Earth. Then Kal-El activated the beacon in the scout ship that allowed Zod to track him down on Earth. All in all, Kal-El brought all that chaos onto us. That's ankward when you end up thinking Earth would have been better off if Kal-El had never been sent on our planet).

(*We don't really have any choice either, trading that unknown alien we got no previous attachment with to that threatening alien or we die. It's a no-brainer)

Edited by dashrendar44