#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

So a little increase for Saturday minus midnights? Excellent.I expect it could stay above 30m today, or at least high 20s.

It will stay over 30 mill.

I say around 33

Word of mouth domestically for IM3 is not as great as some here on the forums believe. It's actually quite average. If the WOM was great it would have had better holds so far.

I think WOM was overall good, it just had a huge rush out factor. Clearing 400m is still damn impressive, it just happened to make a good portion of that on its OW.

• Like 1

SatMOS 36.5-37,TITE 7.4,NYSM 4,FF63.6 ,PURGE 3, Intern 2.6,Epic 2.2/STID 2.2,A3 1.5,THO3/ IM3 1.1BM 700k

Those are some pretty pitiful Saturday jumps. What's going on here? That's especially bad for TITE.

Come on people, go see TITE, it's the funniest movie of the year so far!

• Like 1

Word of mouth domestically for IM3 is not as great as some here on the forums believe. It's actually quite average. If the WOM was great it would have had better holds so far.

keep on hatin'

• Like 1

A 3x multiplier for most films is considered good, for a film opening this big, it's damn impressive especially in this era of frontloading. Only films that have a 3x mutliplier after a 100m+ OW with a Friday release are The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Dead Man's Chest, Spider-Man, and Toy Story 3. Only non-Friday film that would still do it would be Shrek 2.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm intrigued by all the extreme reactions.

That being said, I've crunched the numbers and I don't think I'm being wildly unrealistic at all.

I think you´re right.. Its not uncommen with 3 here in the summer.

I hoped the film would give me a 9/10 experience, but it only gave me a 7,5 i´m affraid..

Can´t stop feeling that Nolan could have made this much much better with the same script.

The potential was there, but it was´ent what it could have been.. IMO

A 3x multiplier for most films is considered good, for a film opening this big, it's damn impressive especially in this era of frontloading. Only films that have a 3x mutliplier after a 100m+ OW with a Friday release are The Avengers, The Dark Knight, Dead Man's Chest, Spider-Man, and Toy Story 3. Only non-Friday film that would still do it would be Shrek 2.

Are you sure Crystal Skull wouldn't also have done it, its Thursday wasn't that big really.

I think WOM was overall good, it just had a huge rush out factor. Clearing 400m is still damn impressive, it just happened to make a good portion of that on its OW.

As you said though, it's still not touching DMC, nor a few other films like TDKR, which is a much darker film than IM3, plus it was affected by that tragedy domestically. Of course, WOM is obviously on a lower level than TDKR.

keep on hatin'

Don't get your panties in a twist. This is pure fact. Looking at the drops, domestically IM3 WOM is NOT that good. Fact. It's made a huge amount of money yes, mostly thanks to overseas, and it has done very well domestically, but the legs domestically are nothing special. 

You can argue and twist your panties all you want, but this is fact supported by the box office numbers.

Edited by ACCA
  • Like 2

Superman was good not great but I wish there was more Kevin Costner. When Costner said to young Clark Kent "You are my son" I just wanted to ball my eyes out because it was said with such emotion

Man of Feels

Are you sure Crystal Skull wouldn't also have done it, its Thursday wasn't that big really.

25m is still a pretty big OD and definitely helped spread out the weekend gross, not to mention it made 26.7m on Memorial Monday. No way in hell would it pull a 3x under a normal Friday opening.

• Like 1

Superman was good not great but I wish there was more Kevin Costner. When Costner said to young Clark Kent "You are my son" I just wanted to ball my eyes out because it was said with such emotion

This was 100000000%  what i was thinking to.

On all accounts

Edited by fmpro