#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

What was the point of posting this? :unsure:

He's still stuck on Reviews. That was so last Thursday.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

It did well. I have surprisingly little interest in it. Too many other movies I wanna spend money on. I still have Before Midnight and Mud waiting for me.

well its not my most anticipated film for sure but still looks interesting. I will spend money

really lookin forward to Mud & BM

MAN OF STEEL tops the Indian box office by collecting 21 crore

(4M)

Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ MAN OF STEEL has opened to a humungous 21 crore (210,000,000) weekend in India. The movie was given a wide release in 800 screens nationwide and was dubbed in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.

• Like 1

OW?

It beat most OW's apart from TASM and IM3. TASM just connected with the Indian audience (and also had Irfan Khan), the TASM's records will probably not be broken till TASM2 and maybe a Justice League movie (Batman + Superman will get a lot of people into theaters)

5.1M for IM3 opening weekend > 4M for MOS

My mistake, thought I remembered seeing a post on here that IM3 made 4m in India. Guess that wasn't accurate. Still regardless it's a fantastic number.

Despite not being as many records as people expected, I still think it's a big surprise that it performed so well domestically. Maybe it'll have some decent legs in some overseas markets. You'll never know.

The Wal-Mart argument is our new Puerto Rico, IMO. I can see both sides of the argument because until this year, I bet it would have been universally agreed that the money should be excluded from the weekend. But since the studios started changing that standard, it blurs every line in the book. It completely violates any sense of consistency with the nature of every movie this year having Thursday preview grosses included in Friday.

If we're talking about holding one standard, I personally prefer the money to be excluded. But that standard would have to go on in perpetuity and that clearly won't happen going forward.

The one good thing coming out of this is that we know exactly how much money WB made from Wal-Mart. But as long as they had released that figure anyway, I don't think lumping it in with Friday would really distort things that much. The best move they made was releasing the $12m and $9m figures separately.

One example , quite a few years ago in another country distributor added a type of preview result into weekend,there was basically an industry uproar that demanded that they record seperately They had to republish numbers with splits.

The pressure was that if they didn't do it everyone else was going to go back through history and adjust everything from the past to match, reset all the records etc

Edited by Rth