#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I never fully trust crowd reactions for animation ... DM2 looks fun ... but stuff like Turbo gets enormous laughter and excitement from audiences ... and that looks fucking horrendous IMO. :P

lol, we'll see.  :lol:

I never fully trust crowd reactions for animation ... DM2 looks fun ... but stuff like Turbo gets enormous laughter and excitement from audiences ... and that looks fucking horrendous IMO. :P

That snail movie? Not at all. They showed that trailer and you could hear a pin drop.

No, He just isn't as proven as other directors. He is like Pixar back in the day to some people. Lets see how long he can keep it up. His record so far is amazing. And the pace he has been delving them. 

He needs to test himself if wants to get be consider one of the greats.

Posted Image

Outside LOTR ...you're right ... but only The Godfather stands above that trilogy in my own personal enjoyment. :)

Oh hell no. Godfather aint no trilogy. 3 is the ugly stepchild.

• Like 1

Lordmandeep, I was thinking of you at my 1st screening actually. You spent 300 pages in the MoS thread saying this might have a mixed WOM.

So I recorded the last minute of MoS to see that "mixed reaction".

Enjoy. This is in REAL IMAX SO OF COURSE I ONLY GOT A PORTION OF THE SCREEN.

DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjEEJioEl8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by #ED

That snail movie? Not at all. They showed that trailer and you could hear a pin drop.

Yeah, my crowd at two MOS screenings loved it ... is the main character voiced by Ryan Reynolds, because if so, no wonder that movie is going to suck. :P

TDKR- best film I have seen this decade. Starting from 2011 so doesn't say much:p ' long ways to go yet precious'I tend to only lean towards movies that are memorablelike blockbusters. Smaller movies are pretty forgettable for me, though I did enjoy the hell out of drive. Beautifully made and acted

Same with me. The only small movie (aside from some comedies and horror movoe which are small by default) in my top 100 is Little miss sunshine

Oh hell no. Godfather aint no trilogy. 3 is the ugly stepchild.

No, I meant Lord of the Rings as a trilogy is my #2 favorite behind The Godfather (as a single film) I kind of lump LOTR together since filmed together.  I saw ROTK in theaters probably 6 times.

The Godfather & The Godfather Part 2 are A+ & A grades for me ... The Godfather 3 isn't bad, it's just not in the same league B grade for me.

Edited by agkman

Yeah, my crowd at two MOS screenings loved it ... is the main character voiced by Ryan Reynolds, because if so, no wonder that movie is going to suck. :P

That was the first I've even heard of that movie. It looked subpar after watching the DM2 trailer and the jokes weren't funny. I'm not even into animated movies like that. I like the old Disney animated like Lion King and Aladdin, lol. I love Toy Story. But that's about it.

• Like 2

TDKR is tremendous and better appreciated if you consider a sort of crazy gothic opera instead of a "realistic" movie. Bane is one of the best screen villains in years and I never cease being delighted every moment he's on screen. Nolan (as usual) tries to fit a bit too much story into too little screen time, but so what? SKYFALL is wildly overrated; not horrible, but silly, absurd and yet pretending it's not. Gorgeous to look at, but not much else.Still don't have much urge to watch any of the BEFORE movies, and yes Ed, my TV is often hijacked for telenovelas.

• Like 3

I had forgotten just how poor a performance Marion Cotillard gave in her final scene in TDKR.  It almost looked like some sort of parody.

Poor is a very kind word. I don't think I've ever seen such a massive drop in acting from an actor in a film. She was brilliant when she stabbed Batman and gave the slow knife speech...she then started getting bad when she was driving the truck, and her final death was just atrocious. I could not believe what I was watching. The villainous mastermind of the final film in the trilogy to go out like that? Nolan should have made Marion act it out again. Truly lifeless. I think it's my biggest qualm with the film. 

• Like 1